Gransnet forums

Chat

This will please many of you

(268 Posts)
Shanma Sat 03-Dec-16 00:01:57

GN is no more for me. I have no idea why I stuck it for so long. I am sure there are some nice people on here, but every time I log in I see mostly the same old clique, perhaps I should have typed Coven.

Anya and her " cronies" who have not enough brain to be able to articulate something without resorting to profanities.

Elegran who is so terribly bland and boring, yet obviously spends alot of time madly googling an answer to almost every question here to make herself look clever...didn't work Elegran.

DapneBroon " Poetry", is that what it was? I wouldn't give up the day job Daphne!

I do not mix with People like the above in my real life, why on earth would I want to do it here?

Bye Bye. Enjoy your little cyber nit picking. I suspect if I were to read the posts in some months time that not a thing will have changed. YAWN

Coolgran65 Sat 03-Dec-16 00:14:41

What an arrogant and smug post.
If something is Just not your style, accept it as that, no need for personal insults.

FarNorth Sat 03-Dec-16 03:27:22

Have a nice flounce.

Envious Sat 03-Dec-16 04:34:46

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. angry

absent Sat 03-Dec-16 05:23:50

…and some Gransnetters think it is wrong to have a report button and a rule about personal attacks? That is a truly horrible OP. I think I have probably disagreed with all the people mentioned in the OP at one time or another, some more than others, but I wouldn't dream of saying anything so directly rude, unkind or supercilious. What on earth has happened to Gransnet? I am at a loss as a I read some of the recent threads.

suzied Sat 03-Dec-16 05:45:36

Must be chilly up there on that high horse

Jane10 Sat 03-Dec-16 06:38:34

Och s/he's obviously a poor soul who's completely missed the point of GN.

Azie09 Sat 03-Dec-16 06:50:59

I've only vaguely noticed her posts but this one strikes me as hurt and angry. There are some threads which run, I can think of two running currently, where people are quite rude. Typed/written things often seem more harsh. I've seen one post today of someone saying she'd stopped using the site because of a few posters. The moderators say they have a light touch, I wonder if a little more kindness and thought before posting, especially at this time of year might not be good. And before someone calls me a snowflake, as I saw hurled out today, well, that's just bullying.

Falconbird Sat 03-Dec-16 06:52:35

That's so unkind and unnecessary - especially mentioning individuals. Gransnet has been great to me over the years.

Christinefrance Sat 03-Dec-16 06:53:51

Each to their own I suppose, no going gently into the non GN world Shanma. Hope you feel better having vented, have a great Christmas.

kittylester Sat 03-Dec-16 07:02:30

I realise that I am feeding the fire, but why mention it and not just stop posting?

ffinnochio Sat 03-Dec-16 07:13:22

My take on this is that I think you really do want to belong to GN, but it's not developed in the manner you'd hoped for, and you're pissed off about that.

I seem to remember a thread you started when feeling fed up, and you had some kind and supportive responses.

Why are you really so angry and unhappy??

Greenfinch Sat 03-Dec-16 07:18:37

Will you come back with a different user name ?

M0nica Sat 03-Dec-16 07:18:43

Gransnet has hundreds of members and many more than three who post very regularly. Far too many to be cliquey. Of course there will be one or two members who one finds irritating, but that's life, it is no different to ordinary everyday offline life and even then one cannot always cut these people out of one's life.
I have been on Gransnet almost from inception. I have had the occasional clash but mainly I have found GN members kind, compassionate, and witty. of course there is the occasional spat, but again, that is life.

Personally, I only very vaguely recognise the name of the OP and I have no memory at all of which threads she posted on so have no idea which threads caused her so much upset. If I find I do not like the tone of a thread, I just leave it alone and move on to a more congenial one.

I am sad that a member is leaving the forum feeling so bitter and hope that one member's unhappiness will not stop others jpining what is a generally a happy and supportive forum.

NanKate Sat 03-Dec-16 07:23:05

I had the pleasure of meeting Anya earlier this year at a GN Meet Up in Oxford. She was friendly, fun and articulate, so I speak from experience.

I have also been in touch with Kittylester who has also come in for some unkind comments from Shanma and she has a lovely sense of humour and I look forward to her posts.

This forum is obviously not for you Shanma so I think you are right to leave us to discuss, disagree, inform, tell jokes and generally enjoy each other's company.

Pippa000 Sat 03-Dec-16 07:49:56

I too have found Gransnet members very helpful and supportive and good company, especially for those of us who are far away from our DGC. If I disagree with any particular discussion or the way it is going I do not look at it again, although I have to say these are few and far between. Yes there are those who have very strong views, but that is life. If it is not to your taste move on but naming people is not helpful.

Alima Sat 03-Dec-16 07:52:33

I have only noticed your posts relatively recently Shanma, maybe you have changed your name as I get the impression you have been on GNet for a while? Could just be my rotten memory of course. Anyway, may I say that sometimes you come across to me as needing a little tlc, at others you appear ready for a fight with someone, anyone will do. Whatever, here's hoping you find solace and happiness away from Gransnet which obviously isn't for you.

ffinnochio Sat 03-Dec-16 07:56:09

Oh, and for the record, I've met Elegran, who is terribly bright, kind and insightful.

ginny Sat 03-Dec-16 08:15:17

I never understand why people announce that they are leaving. Rather nasty op and as others have said , if you don't like what is happening on a thread just don't add to it.

Anya Sat 03-Dec-16 08:29:40

I think life on the forums can be a shock first time. I wouldn't like to think Shanma would be driven away by her experiences, but might learn from them. She'd not be the first to react angrily to what she perceives to be attacks, intended or not.

She might like to consider taking to HQ about a name change and coming back to try again.

italiangirl Sat 03-Dec-16 08:30:45

I have been able to find a sense of balance in being on Gn and a few tips on all sorts of stuff ,shame on the op .It would be a boring world if we all agreed as far as I am concerned gn rocks.

Rinouchka Sat 03-Dec-16 08:35:36

Hope this kind of vitriolic post does not identify GN.
Sorry that this poster feels the need to behave like this and hope she finds what she is looking for elsewhere.
How arrogant to comment on other people's intelligence! shock

NanaandGrampy Sat 03-Dec-16 08:56:04

Crikey - nothing like a good flounce first thing in the morning !

Rude doesn't cover it. And unnecessary.

Personally, I think you reap what you sow so maybe Shanma you might like to look at your own posts before blaming others.

Good luck with your search....elsewhere smile

DaphneBroon Sat 03-Dec-16 09:09:15

Wrong side of the bed?
Oh dear, despite the tenor of the post, I am sad that anyone feels it necessary to hurl insults at individuals in this way.
As far as this individual is concerned, shanma must be confusing me with someone who gives a sh*t.
But what t is GN coming to? tchhmm

Mumsy Sat 03-Dec-16 09:10:18

Too much drama this time of the morning!! obviously not a people person! yawwwwnnnn