Gransnet forums

Chat

Grandchildren say the strangest things!

(9 Posts)
hildajenniJ Mon 16-Apr-18 19:03:28

A few days ago my grandchildren were watching Mega Builders on Netflix. The programme was about the building of the Bosphourus tunnel in Istanbul, Turkey. After a little while, my youngest GS who is 5 turned to his mum and said "I used to live there, before I came here".
Well, it makes you wonder...

paddyann Mon 16-Apr-18 19:34:22

my daughter used to tell us she lived with her mum and dad and brother in a house we passed on the way to visit her Granny,we never plucked up the courage to find out if anyone had lost a child in that house .She grew out of saying it when she was about 7.She also used to tell me she spoke to her sister who visited her in her bedroom...thats the sister who died before she was born.We hadn't even mentioned her sister to her when she first said it,oh and her policeman who was a good friend of GG....At that time I didn't know my GG had been married to a policeman who died on duty before my GF was born .Strange child ,it was only when I mentioned it to my mum that she told me GGF was a police leuitenant who died on duty

BBbevan Tue 17-Apr-18 14:15:34

When my GD1 was 3 we all went on a canal boat ride. As we got on she said, in a very matter of fact way, ' I lived on a boat before I was born'. Stunned silence from the adults.

cavewoman Tue 17-Apr-18 14:41:45

My son asked why we didn't call him Michael like his other Mummy used to. He was about 4.

Nannarose Tue 17-Apr-18 17:08:45

I am a natural sceptic, but a child psychiatrist said to me that he had sometimes wondered if children were able to communicate in some sort of telepathic way - he thought this stopped at about age 8. This is the age at which most people who study child development tend to think that 'magical or wishful thinking' ends.

It would be very difficult ever to test in any ethical way, but have had 2 personal experiences of something similar - and I notice that the examples given are all of children under that age.

hildajenniJ Tue 17-Apr-18 18:27:06

My 7 yr old DGS has said ahai for yes ever since he began talking. DD found out that hai means yes in both Japanese and Cantonese.

hildajenniJ Tue 17-Apr-18 18:28:54

Eek!! The advert at the bottom of my screen is now for English/Japanese translation books! A few minutes ago it was for shoes.

Nanawind Tue 17-Apr-18 19:30:30

Along time ago, I was babysitting my 6 year old nephew and my best friend called in.( She had been married for a number of years and after trying to get pregnant been told that she couldn't have children).
Paul was playing with his cars in the corner and said to Heather I hope you have a boy so he can play cars with me. He was to young to understand that she wasn't and couldn't have a baby. I'm sure you know where this is going. Yes 5 months later it was a boy. Even the doctors were shocked as she had every test known to man.

LittlePinkPiggy Fri 20-Apr-18 21:26:25

There is a great book about this topic by Wayne Dyer called Memories of Heaven. Yes, it's all about reincarnation and the fact that during the first few years of life we have memories and connections to the spiritual beings we used to be before we came to earth.