Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(27 Posts)
12Michael Fri 22-Jun-18 06:24:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its going to be another hot sunny day here in Brackley, by the looks of things , usual weekend shop today etc.
Mick

kittylester Fri 22-Jun-18 06:30:35

Morning Mick from a sunny north Leicestershire.

A little baking for me before the clan land. DD2, her Dh and 2 daughter are coming for the weekend. Fun and exhaustion await.

MawBroon Fri 22-Jun-18 06:31:26

Good Morning Mick and those to come.
A disturbed night , possibly after an outstanding “Madama Butterfly” streamed live from Glyndebourne, evoking bittersweet memories, but awake early to clear blue skies and a bright sunny morning.
Off to London on granny duty today so I shall be kept busy.
Wishing you all a pleasant day! ?

Gagagran Fri 22-Jun-18 06:31:41

Good Morning *Mick and everyone

It's a lovely sunny morning here on the south coast and will be good for drying my bed linen, which is in the washer as I write.

Nothing much on the agenda today apart from watching Royal Ascot this afternoon. Love the horses and the spectacle and how pretty Her Maj is looking!

Have a good day folks. sunshine

Oopsadaisy53 Fri 22-Jun-18 06:32:40

Morning Mick from a very sunny (and not windy for a change) Oxfordshire.

Easy day today, although I might weedkill the drive........

Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Fri 22-Jun-18 06:41:36

Good morning mick and everyone.
It's a lovely bright, sunny and much less breezy morning here in South Yorkshire. Here's hoping that it remains that way.
Awake early as I've got a niggly shoulder and can't get comfortable, so been to make a cup of tea and take a pain killer.
Got great nephew staying overnight tomorrow, so need to get plenty of food in as he has a healthy appetite. (Growing teenager ?).
A fairly lazy day planned today.
Enjoy your day, whatever you plan to do. ?

Marydoll Fri 22-Jun-18 06:44:21

Good morning Mick and all you early risers. Once again it's breezy and bright in Glasgow. As Gaga says, great for the washing, which is already in the machine.
Exhausted after a lovely day out with my friend yesterday. We bumped into so many people we knew and thoroughly enjoyed the chat. DH was concerned that something had happened to me, I was out so long. He should know what I'm like after 40 years of marriage.?
Like Maw, gran duties today. Heaven knows where I will find the energy to " Run gran , jump high, gran"

BlueBelle Fri 22-Jun-18 07:07:24

Yesterday was a long day travelling (12 hours) to meet my youngest granddaughter (12) and bring her to mine for a week so a busy busy week she’s not quite got the teenage blues yet so hopefully a good week
It’s lovely and sunny day We re going to the supermarket to buy all her favourite food then maybe a few hours at the beach and a Chinese with her cousins tonight

MawBroon Fri 22-Jun-18 07:08:36

He should indeed Marydoll! grin
Hope the sunshine lasts over the weekend - but dare I say the gardens really need some rain?

ninathenana Fri 22-Jun-18 07:13:52

Morning everyone.

Fairly bright in Kent, though not actually clear blue skies. Still quiet breezy.
Second round of eye injections today. Flipping inconvenient not being able to drive for hours after.

ginny Fri 22-Jun-18 07:19:33

A bright sunny Good morning from N. Bucks.
I have a watercolour art class today and then a quick trip to find a suitable pot to plant a clematis in.

Marydoll Fri 22-Jun-18 07:20:36

Good luck, Nina , you are very brave. I have had all sorts of horrible procedures done, without it bothering me, but there is something about ?️which make me squeamish.

gillybob Fri 22-Jun-18 07:33:06

Good morning from the NE coast. A nice sunny start (which makes a change) just waiting for a huge wash to finish so I can get it all out in the line before I go to “that place” . DH had the most horrendous nose bleed during the night that took forever to stop. (Hence the extra washing) He had his blood pressure checked yesterday with the GP which was a little on the high side so they’ve upped his BP tablets. Not sure if connected though?

Thank goodness it’s Friday. Have a good day everyone, hope it’s [sunny] wherever you are.

Panache Fri 22-Jun-18 07:37:44

Top o the morning indeed,the coastline in Wales is looking its best in lovely sunshine and all our visitors are wearing both a golden sun tan and smiles!!!

I think a day of rest after one of my disturbed nights.

Seems there`s a fair bit of "Granny duties" this weekend so I wish each one of you the patience of job and the muscles of an ox to cope with busy younger members!

Have a lovely day for all of you.............I think we are about to sizzle!!!

Greyduster Fri 22-Jun-18 07:58:57

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A sunny day in prospect for South Yorkshire. I must have been coming out in sympathy with you, Maple as I woke up about the same time as you with a painful back. We are going down to the National Memorial Arboretum today, which we have long intended to visit. Hats and sunglasses will be the order of the day I think. Have a good day, folks.

NfkDumpling Fri 22-Jun-18 08:00:14

Morning All

I’m another one who had a restless night. Got up a silly o’clock and then fell asleep on the sofa!

It’s a lovely morning here in Norfolk although still a little on the breezy side. DH is off taking the car in for its MOT and service and has decided we may go out for the day as we’ll have a courtesy car. A novelty to go out in a clean car!

We had a lovely day out on the river yesterday - but in two days many of the spiders had reclaimed their homes! Evicted yet again. If we go out more often perhaps they’ll get the message and move next door!

harrigran Fri 22-Jun-18 08:13:42

Good morning, looks like a pleasant day ahead. I haven't been outdoors for two weeks but that may be about to change.

NfkDumpling Fri 22-Jun-18 08:19:09

Oh, I hope so harrigran. A lovely day to smell the flowers. Go easy.

cornergran Fri 22-Jun-18 08:22:21

Morning mick, morning all. Bright and sunny in our corner of Somerset. Garden centre this morning before the flipping admin this afternoon. Enjoy the fresh air but be careful if you venture out harri, easy to overdo it. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Fri 22-Jun-18 08:26:24

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Just got up after a late night at The Best of Wham.
Quiet day here with no firm plans as yet.

Anniebach Fri 22-Jun-18 08:38:27

Good morning all x

NanKate Fri 22-Jun-18 08:40:41

Morning Mick and All.

Packing to go down to Sussex to collect our two GSs from school and no doubt kick a football about. DS's birthday tomorrow. Good weather forecast.

Have a good day folks and hope all those who feel under par that the sunshine perks you up, ?

Yiayia4 Fri 22-Jun-18 08:45:00

Morning all, back to sunny Surrey.After a very hectic 10 days we have now sold our boat,will be strange but other adventures await I'm sure.Getting ready for number2 Ds and Dil coming to stay so lots to do today.Have a good Friday everyone.

wildswan16 Fri 22-Jun-18 08:50:42

Good morning everyone. I have nothing that I have to do today, and the sun is shining so I think the Botanic Gardens are beckoning me.

TerriBull Fri 22-Jun-18 09:41:36

Good morning from the south east, lovely sunny day here sitting on my patio enjoying a coffee listening to the bird song from nearby tree, I love days like these.

Doing some yoga from an on line video later then off to meet my pal for lunch at our favourite restaurant by the river. Later we may pop to John Lewis as their sale got underway yesterday.

Enjoy your day everyone