Gransnet forums

Chat

Soops kitchen refuge for gentle ladies

(1000 Posts)
Izabella Tue 19-Mar-19 12:06:47

Well as first for me. Opening a new kitchen full of light, love and support

MawBroon Tue 19-Mar-19 14:04:48

I am not posting for Lent, but could not let Izabella think we were ignoring her kind gesture to open a new kitchen.
Now I had better go and say 10 Hail Mary Berry’s as my penance.

Purpledaffodil Tue 19-Mar-19 14:11:01

How kind of you Izabella. Have read through a few pages of the previous kitchen and was very sad to read of so much bad news and suffering. But what a bunch of brave kitcheners you are.flowers to you all. X

MawBroon Tue 19-Mar-19 14:15:35

Just wanted to add that the Bairn is to becalled Otis.
Knowing DD and SIL it was bound to be unconventional. As a lovely gesture they have added Paw’s name as his middle name
I was very moved ?

kittylester Tue 19-Mar-19 14:17:08

Love Otis and a kind gesture 're paw.

We have 2 new kitchens.

Panache Tue 19-Mar-19 14:25:32

You had this idea a few moments before I came in to do the same.................. and I say over to you Izabella ......after all I am only a mere has been nurse an d I do not hold the qualifications of a Matron!!!
Main thing is this Kitchen MUST live on!!!

grannyqueenie Tue 19-Mar-19 14:27:10

Thanks for starting us off, Izabella
Congratulations maw, it’s lovely that paw’s name will carry on in the family. Enjoy those early day cuddles, I’m only a teeny weeny bit envy!
What, 2 kitchens? I can’t keep up with just 1!!

annsixty Tue 19-Mar-19 14:46:18

When I went to visit H on Saturday they had a CD of jazz classics playing.
I sang along to Miss Otis regrets ( she's unable to lunch today) .
Lovely song and lovely name.

aggie Tue 19-Mar-19 14:50:57

That is an unusual name but , as you say , to be expected smile

Panache Tue 19-Mar-19 14:59:22

I have asked for my version of Soop`s Kitchen to be deleted to save further confusion Izabella and friends.
Main thing is that it is well and truly open and thriving!

soop Tue 19-Mar-19 15:07:51

Right! You lot have done us doubly proud. Which kitchen is to remain? HQ please help us to settle into one and can other messages be amalgamated? Please.

Fennel Tue 19-Mar-19 15:18:50

"That is an unusual name but , as you say , to be expected ".
As long as it's gentle, and not "genteel"!

NanaandGrampy Tue 19-Mar-19 15:32:24

I love a bit of Otis Redding Maw so welcome to the world little man , may you have as much ‘soul’ as your namesake !

Kalu Tue 19-Mar-19 15:48:42

Not to worry Soop. I have lugged your very comfy chaise to this kitchen?

Another Otis Reading fan. Welcome little Otis.

Marydoll Tue 19-Mar-19 16:00:28

I'm just popping to stay in the loop.

Many thanks Isabella, I love the name, but I don't feel I should be posting, as I'm not a gentle lady, which the Argie members will confirm. ?

Luckygirl Tue 19-Mar-19 16:17:21

Otis - that is sweet. Congrats on new arrival - now pop off and say your Hail Marys!! smile

I have not given up anything for Lent - I need to keep the spirits up - indeed I have just consumed a creamy cake - something I do not normally do. It's the sort of opposite of Lent here! - tsk tsk.

Luckygirl Tue 19-Mar-19 16:18:13

PS - my DD3 gave her wee son my OH's name as a middle name - he was very touched. That is lovely Maw

EllanVannin Tue 19-Mar-19 16:19:41

My D's parrot likes Otis too, he whistles ( loudly ) to Dock of the Bay.

Synonymous Tue 19-Mar-19 16:26:59

Wot - no Grandads! sad

Like Marydoll just popping in to loop the loop! grin

soop Tue 19-Mar-19 16:29:21

hmm Us lot need to untwist our knickers. All my fault. If I'm not expected to be on the premises when our kitchen closes, we'll agree a little in advance as to who holds the key.

Well now, let's all flop into a chair and recover from a pretty frantic dash around. Thank you everyone for not wanting the kitchen to cease even for a wee while. flowers

Welcome to Ottis. I like it. smile

Some messages will have disappeared into the ether. My last message did. We're all ladies of intelligence wink let's do a quick re-cap and then we can relax.

Had drain removed. Now have a stoma over the drainage point. More comfy and effecient. Nurse to redress tomorrow.

Visit to care home and to see our pal in the Campbeltown coffee shop. I'm well behind. Bedding need attention. Blah blah.

THANK you to all our Granspals who have sent cards. Also, two fresh bouquets waiting on getting home. I'm overwhelmed by your kind support.

Mapleleaf Tue 19-Mar-19 16:30:40

Just popping in to say hello to everyone. smile

soop Tue 19-Mar-19 16:31:40

Have I said Thank you. Yes, course I have ^as Torben would say. You are the tops. flowers sunshine smile

Urmstongran Tue 19-Mar-19 16:44:49

Just popped in to say ‘hi’ to everyone. You are all such a lovely lot!
Congratulations Maw on the safe arrival of baby Otis.
What lovely news to start us off in the new kitchen!
x

Greyduster Tue 19-Mar-19 17:03:18

Now you have me worried - I am neither gentle nor, most of the time, a lady! I shall just hang about outside the door hoping something of the scent of genteel improvement might cling to me?! Thank you, Panache and Izabella for taking up the reins, even if there a few crossed wires! Hope you are feeling better, Soop.

Maw sterling name for the new babe, bless him, and good that he carries Paw’s name forward too. My DS carries his grandfathers name as a middle too.

I had a couple of hours in the garden today, and it served to chase away the blues I went to bed with last night and got up with this morning. DH, poor man, went and hid in a cupboard, away from the storm, until my self esteem barometer had risen a bit and he could get some sense out of me! He can’t cope with hysterical wimmin, especially when they can’t actually explain what it is they are being hysterical about! I am ashamed, since there are so many on here who have reason to have their chins on the floor, and I feel for you all.

I will look in later.

dragonfly46 Tue 19-Mar-19 17:15:28

What a great name Maw. I love first names that do not require the use of the surname and so thoughtful to add Paw’s name.

Good to hear the drain has been removed soop. Your description of your experiences are invaluable to me!

Pleased your son’s chemo went well callgirl.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion