Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Thu 21-Mar-19 06:14:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but its a grey sky over Brackley , my usual day trip, to Buckingham and Bicester for coffees and shop a little .
Mick

Gagagran Thu 21-Mar-19 06:23:06

Good Morning Mick and everyone. It is still overcast with a thick grey cloud layer here on the south coast but milder.

We are off to the supermarket shortly then I have my dental appointment for the removal of stitches (Hurrah!) and a filling at 10.30am. Should feel a lot better then.

Enjoyed choir last night. Nothing else planned for today but things have a way of cropping up.

Have a good day everyone. sunshine

Beechnut Thu 21-Mar-19 06:24:34

Good Morning all

Dry and bright here in my corner.

I’m going for a haircut first then off to the next town to pick up a repair then u3a this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone ?

kittylester Thu 21-Mar-19 06:34:34

Morning all from a brightish North Leicestershire.

Supermarket and butcher's this morning and ironing this afternoon or I may go to see Bertie who spent the night in hospital with his asthma. This family is certainly getting it's moneys worth from the NHS. sad

Nelliemoser Thu 21-Mar-19 06:47:02

Good Morning All.
I still have the cough and cold from hell.
and we have a choir concert very soon.

I am just about croaking please stop cold.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 21-Mar-19 06:50:41

Good morning from east London, looking a bit grey but very mild. Saw a very good show last night at the Kings head in Islington - the Crown Dual - a very funny interpretation of The Crown so still smiling from that. Helping at food bank this morning then lots of time for domestics before choir this evening. Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Thu 21-Mar-19 06:51:36

Morning Mick and All.

Grey here in South Bucks.

Hope Bertie is ok Kitty.

Close friend phoned me yesterday to tell me her 44 year old son had died. So very sad for her and the family. He had heart problems, but lived a good life far longer than had been forecast.

dragonfly46 Thu 21-Mar-19 06:51:44

Good morning from what promises to be a lovely day in Leicestershire. Dog walking and a trip to the garden centre and Waitrose I think today.

Sorry to hear Bertie was in hospital overnight kitty. Hope he is better this morning.

Hope your mouth is better today gaga.

DoraMarr Thu 21-Mar-19 06:57:11

Good morning from a brilliantly sunny Birmingham. Off to collect two year old grandaughter, then a busy day of park walks, reading, painting, interspersed with meals. I’m going to a play a friend has written this evening.
Have a good day!

Kalu Thu 21-Mar-19 06:57:52

Good morning from a pretty dull looking Glasgow.

I have been awake since 3.30, not through choice but I didn’t manage to get back to sleep. Fortunately no set plan for today which is just as well as I will no doubt wilt later.

Sorry to hear Bertie had to spend the night in hospital Kitty Hoping he will be much improved today and allowed home. Get well cuddles for him.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Susan56 Thu 21-Mar-19 07:03:17

Good morning,dry and bright in Shropshire.DGD will be here later for her usual Thursday sleepover but first she is going into the nursery class at school for the first of her trial sessions so I will collect her from there at lunchtime.
I hope Bertie is feeling better this morning kitty.
Gaga,I hope you have a successful dental appointment and that your mouth begins to improve,it’s been a long recovery for you.

cornergran Thu 21-Mar-19 07:10:13

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey and gloomy looking corner of Somerset. Friends coming for the day, panic has set in over the food. I think a visit to bertie would be better for you both than the ironing kitty, hope he’s much better soon and Thursday is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 21-Mar-19 07:21:22

Good Morning from a cloudy Black Country, that looks liken brightening up later.

U3A meeting this afternoon about the possibility of starting a new group called Bus Safari, which would entail catching buses around our area, using our senior passes and even going further afield, for a day out on the buses, stopping off at pre-arranged points for lunch etc. Should be fun!

So sad to hear about your friends son NanKate

1inamillion Thu 21-Mar-19 07:24:51

Morning Mick and everyone from a cloudy South Welsh coast.
Hope Bertie will be better soon kitty.
NanKate ?
Mobile hairdresser called yesterday, feeling better after a trim. Also DH was able to have his hair cut too as wound has healed well after stitches were removed last week, bio oil has done the trick.

ninathenana Thu 21-Mar-19 07:30:47

Morning all.

Grey and damp in Kent. No plans for today.
I hope Bertie is feeling better poor boy.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Thu 21-Mar-19 07:42:13

Good morning all from a wet Glasgow.
We have a very exciting day ahead, shopping at LIdl and then organising our funeral plans! ? This is the next stage in my plan, after successfully having cleaned out the linen cupboard yesterday. I found lots of forgotten clothes purchases for DGD. She will be the best dressed girl at nursery for the next six months, grin
I'm so sorry to hear about Bertie, Kitty. My middle son was exactly the same, it's so distressing for children, when they have a flare up.
NanKate, my condolences ? and Gaga, you will be so glad to get the stitches out.
I do like the idea of the bus journey NannyJan.
Enjoy your Thursday, all.

EllanVannin Thu 21-Mar-19 07:42:23

Good morning All x
Cloudy so far, quiet, dry and mild .
Spot of ironing today, not much else. Workman again today so must have a quick wash as they tend to catch you unawares.

Hope all is well with everyone.

BlueSapphire Thu 21-Mar-19 07:44:26

Good morning all; it's really bright and sunny in Northampton this morning so I have put a load of washing on.I

Had a nice day shopping in Milton Keynes yesterday; treated myself to steak frites (and wine!) in Cafe Rouge , and got a really nice shirt with my voucher.

General tidy up this morning, then Sainsbury's delivery due. Hospital this afternoon to have a check on my wrist. Collect repaired watch from the jeweller and a visit to the bank. And get some fresh veg off the market.

Hope those people who are suffering feel better soon.

oldgaijin Thu 21-Mar-19 07:46:51

Good morning from a grey but dry Aberdeenshire. First job this morning is to fill the bird feeders...they are eating me out of house and home but are such a pleasure to watch. Then the mutt and I are away to the woods to meet his new doggie pals. Have to take daily pics to send to Singapore as the grands miss their dog so much.
I think a little gardening this afternoon, maybe tottering in the greenhouse if the weather's not fine.
Have a good day everyone.

andycameron69 Thu 21-Mar-19 07:46:54

morning a lovely new day day sun is out and birds singing.

enjoy your day whatever you do

flowers
grin

Brunette10 Thu 21-Mar-19 07:51:28

Good morning all from a dull and damp Fife. Had a lovely time yesterday with DGS1 so much fun. Today I’m meeting up with friend for catch up and coffee followed by shopping. I admire you Marydoll you seem to have your ‘forward planning’ in hand. For those under the weather today take good care. Hope the day is good to everyone.

Grammaretto Thu 21-Mar-19 07:51:57

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Looking grey again.
Sorry about your sad news NanKate
Sending healing thoughts to all those sick or worried today.

I shall sew up my knitting today. It's my least favourite part but a long overdue sweater for DGS who grows faster than I can knit.

Nana3 Thu 21-Mar-19 08:02:10

Good morning everyone. Dry in Lancashire this morning, lovely sunshine yesterday.
Out all day with a friend today.
Best wishes to your dgs kitty.
Enjoy your day all.

harrigran Thu 21-Mar-19 08:03:25

Good morning, overcast but mild here in the NE.
Had a very pleasant lunch and afternoon yesterday despite having dropped a four kilo weight on my foot before I put my shoes on. The foot is a fetching black and blue now.

Willow10 Thu 21-Mar-19 08:15:56

Good morning all. Bright and sunny in E. Northants. Had real trouble logging in this morning and had to reset my password. I never understand why these things happen, when I log in to gn several times a day from my favourites list. confused Bit of shopping to do today and other plans yet to be finalised with granddaughter . Hope it's a pleasant day for everyone!