Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Wed 22-Jan-20 06:12:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and looks like maybe fog lingering locally Here IN Brackley.
Still suffering with that bug, weighed myself this morning lost more again.
But I did go out on my usual bus journey to Buckingham and Bicester .
And id try to eat solid food , took lemslip last night which has eased slightly.
To make matters worse where I live they are having a painting programme with walls and doors being done,which may not help.
Mick

Ginny42 Wed 22-Jan-20 06:28:11

Morning Mick and all who follow. It might bring tears to your eyes, but try cutting an onion in half and placing them in different parts of the room. Two things- it should absorb the paint smell and also the germs in the air. Change after a few hours because they become full of germs.

It's a forecast of heavy rain in an hour or so in Cheshire. However, I'm going out regardless. I'm meeting my sister in Wilmslow for shopping and lunch. I've been awake since 2.30 a.m. as my sleep pattern is crazy atm.

Sorry to see the sick list growing, but with lighter evenings and a few signs of spring I hope people start to feel better. Take care of yourself Mick and all feeling unwell.

vena11 Wed 22-Jan-20 06:48:15

Good Morning all from a dark Bristol.
Up early again for the school run, last of the week, I hate the dark mornings.
Sorry you are not feeling much better Mick and the smell of paint wont help.
I hope everyone has a good day and all are feeling a bit better.

kittylester Wed 22-Jan-20 06:48:56

Morning g mick, ginny and all!

It's cold but dry in North Leicestershire. I'd love it to pour with rain to see whether the roof treatment has worked. Assuming it has, we can get the plasterer in and redecorate the hall!

Hoping the sick list is reducing now. mick, ginny's onion trick works well.

Beechnut Wed 22-Jan-20 06:52:33

Good Morning Mick and Ginny and all who follow.

We are back to dark and damp on Severnside.
I’ve heard your onion tip is also good after having cooked fish Ginny.

Finish my homework and then not much on for me today. I haven’t seen my friend for a couple of weeks so I might go and see her unless she turns up at my house first.

Hope you are stay warm and keep up your fluids if unwell ?

Scentia Wed 22-Jan-20 07:06:59

Good Morning all, from East Staffordshire.
Heavy rain I think today, as long as it waits until I am at work, my doggie hates walking in the rain and as daft as she is she walks SLOWER instead of speeding up to get out of it!!!
Throat infection is obviously clearing up as it only hurts one side today!
I have a breast Screening this afternoon, I was going to walk the three miles to the hospital as parking is a nightmare, but if it’s raining maybe not. I will get a taxi.

I do hope that everything is going well for all with ill’s and issues.

Have the best day you can.

Bellasnana Wed 22-Jan-20 07:09:51

Good morning from Malta. I’m still in bed and can’t see what the weather is doing. Yesterday was blowing a gale so hope that has passed.

Sorry to hear you are still feeling under par, Mick. Hope your lurgy doesn’t drag on too long. Glad you didn’t have to forego your trip on the buses.

I’ve got a doctor’s appointment this morning, then I’m meeting my friend for coffee. It will be the first time we’ve got together since her husband was tragically killed on 28th Dec. She says she is coping during the day, but finds the nights very lonely without him. I can empathise as I still find it tough after four and a half years without my lovely husband, and for my friend it is still very early days.

Wishing you all a good day and hope those suffering from illness or any other troubles will soon find things improving.sunshine

Newquay Wed 22-Jan-20 07:13:02

Morning from a dry-as yet-Staffs. We used to use the onion trick when painting when my dear Dad was alive as he had chronic bronchitis and emphysema-no thanks to fags.
Was going to meet up with someone today but we’ve called it off as the lady who “babysits” her DH with dementia cannot now stay with him today cos of bad news in her own family?

Grammaretto Wed 22-Jan-20 07:14:25

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It seems mild for January.

So sorry you are still feeling rotten Mick some people swear by flat lemonade for sickness.

Family arrive tomorrow so some necessary prep for that. I'm looking forward to seeing my sister. She's a tonic.
Still countless worries here so I shall concern myself with what to knit this morning at my craft group.
Hope everyone has a good day.

cornergran Wed 22-Jan-20 07:15:41

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, dry corner of Somerset. Hope those germs pass quickly mick, not sure the GN sick bay can hold many more people. Absolutely nothing planned here today, calm before the weekend visitor storm. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 22-Jan-20 07:19:38

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Still dark here in SE Essex, looks foggy.

GS crept into bed for a cuddle at 6.40am this morning, very early for him. We usually have to wake him up around 8am to get him ready for school.

Mani/pedi first thing then off to the gym, finding exercise hard in 2020, I have no idea where my energy has gone?

Wishing all "Goodmorningers" who are feeling poorly a better day.

Keep warm and safe folks'

NanKate Wed 22-Jan-20 07:20:12

MorningMick and All.

Poor you Mick keep taking the Lemsip and relaxing. Keep to plain simple food until you are feeling better.

Off to have my feet done then up to John Lewis to buy some washable pillows.

NannyJan53 Wed 22-Jan-20 07:31:17

Good Morning from a dark and damp Black Country.

Had an enjoyable walk yesterday with a walking group along the Wombourne railway walk and canal.

Today I am taking my friend for a belated birthday lunch. in a country pub.Her birthday is November, but with Christmas activities etc, we delayed it till today.

First I need to pop into town to post a small parcel for another friends birthday. She moved to near Stamford 2 years ago, so sadly do not meet up so often now.

Wishing everyone a good day. Special thoughts with oldgajin, gilly Marydoll and dragonfly

Marydoll Wed 22-Jan-20 07:32:00

Good morning all from a mild Glasgow, well mild for us anyway! wink It is supposed to be 10C today.
I'm sorry to hear you are still under the weather, Mick, hoping you are having a quiet day.

I have just woken up DH and half the street methinks, by setting off our burglar alarm. blush. Most neighbours are retired now and sleep late, so I don't think they will be too chuffed.
I went downstairs to get painkillers and half asleep, blundered into the kitchen, forgetting about the alarm. Initially, I couldn't work out what the beeping noise was, ? I soon found out! grin.

I have got myself into a bit of a pickle. I mentioned to my sister in law yesterday that I was going to order the layers of the wedding cake and pick up a parcel today.
She offered to come, but I said I would be OK. (I just wanted to go and come straight back, still feeling rough.)
She was upset, thinking I didn't want her to come and she was interfering in the wedding, the upshot is I'm picking her up at 9am, and she is coming with me. I'm treading on eggshells!
MawB, posted a bereavement poem on the Mr Scribbles thread, I'm going to copy it out for my SIL.

Best wishes to all who are still in the sick bay. Dragonfly, I hope things are settling down and oldgagin, I hope your pain levels are bearable. To all the other patients, too many to mention, get well soon!

Thinking of Scribbles and her tragic news, mentioned on another thread. flowers.

Enjoy your day folks.

EllanVannin Wed 22-Jan-20 07:32:44

Good Morning All x
Still " midnight " here on the Wirral and when I let the cats out before I heard the fog-horns so it must be misty on the Mersey.

I really fancy a bacon buttie so I'm going to have to get cracking. I love it when my stomach rumbles as it's a sign that my appetite's back to normal after being so ill.

Mick, you'll have to gradually build yourself back up to reach your normal weight then everything else will stay on the level----your diabetes, etc. It's easy for many to lose weight when unwell. I do myself sad

D and GGD calling in today so will get a nice thick beef stew on the go and let it simmer for a few hours.
Did my big Asda shop yesterday and filled up the freezer again so a months worth in there now, only have to buy fresh veg as I go along. Bulk cat food saves running out of it too.

I hope everyone's picking up a bit if they're unwell, stay warm and drink plenty. Thoughts to those struggling with illness and sadness. Hope the Gillybob's are alright. xx

Greyduster Wed 22-Jan-20 07:48:50

Good morning Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire. We are enveloped in a blanket of fog here! Our heating came on again in the night, though it didn’t seem cold enough to trigger the frost setting. I think the thermostat is losing its marbles. I hope you feel better soon, Mick. Honey, lemon and fresh ginger are very soothing. We have an electrician coming this morning to look at a small job, but nothing much planned for the day. Take care all and have the best day you can.

Urmstongran Wed 22-Jan-20 08:00:06

Good morning everyone from Malaga. Whatta storm we had here last night! Sheet lightening, thunder and heavy rain. It was miles away though as the thunder was low and rumbling in the distance, so somewhere else got the brunt of it. Pantglas you leave here today. Safe journey back to Wales.

No plans. We ate out last night - Chinese, so I’m happy to stay in tonight. Some of your beef stew would be delicious EV!

There’s a lovely pink wash to the sky right now and all is calm as if ‘who me?’ last night. Nice when it rains during the night. It tops the reservoirs up whilst I’m cosy under my duvet!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or, like me, none. x

conor Wed 22-Jan-20 08:01:32

Good morning from a foggy Essex. School run then woodland walk with DGS2. Hope we can see anything in the fog!!! Then playing all day til afternoon school run. I love Wednesdays! Hope everyone has a good day xxx

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 22-Jan-20 08:02:39

Good morning from east London, no frost today, looking grey with some mist. Tennis this morning so need to get moving soon; I think the dust from yesterday is still hanging around my lungs so I need a good run around to clear them out. Felt very well fed yesterday as I’d made a veg curry for our lunch to sustain ‘the workers’ and when we dropped DSD back home, her mum had made us soup and a veg pie in case we hadn’t eaten all day... Off to see DD and family later; I offered to take something for the evening meal which could be a bit of a mix up unless I go shopping. Hope you have a good day.

Marydoll Wed 22-Jan-20 08:04:08

Urmstongran, we have friends flying out to Benalmadena this week, in search of sunshine. I haven't mentioned your posts about the weather!

Pantglas2 Wed 22-Jan-20 08:18:06

Morning all from Malaga airport where I’ve driven down from the hills through horrendous torrential rain! I’m not sure weather here is going to be too kind for the rest of your stay Urmstongran but we had some gorgeous days didn’t we! hopefully will brighten up for your friends holiday Mary doll.

Can’t wait to get back to my Welsh nest and keep DH well until his op in two weeks- we’ll be avoiding folks like the plague if they have any lurgies which is most unlike me as I love seeing everyone when I get back.

Hope everyone in the sick bay is feeling better - I’ll send some of my restorative chicken broth over tomorrow to cure those who missed the cava the other day!

Mommawolf Wed 22-Jan-20 08:18:55

Goodmorning all from a grey and soggy Norfolk. Not a breath of wind is spooky like this. Now off to hedgehog rescue centre. Collie went nuts when I let dogs out at bedtime. A tiny hog on the patio so cold and only weighing 200grms.it spent the night in box by kitchen range. Had expected it to be dead this morning,but is hanging in there. The centre have an incubator waiting for it. Silly creature!wishing all who are under the weather a speedy recovery. Spring is out there somewhere.

Pittcity Wed 22-Jan-20 08:25:02

Good morning from a foggy Colchester. Hope it clears soon so that I can walk into town for our weekly coffee meetup without getting too damp.

Resurgam123 Wed 22-Jan-20 08:29:43

Good Morning All.
It is wet and foggy again here in Cheshire.

I was out in our small town yesterday and got a bargain. In a charity shop. A large very soft scarf in lovely colours described as "Cashmere"

It had elephants on it. It cost me nearly all of £3.
I do like a bargain.

Thank you Age UK .

DoraMarr Wed 22-Jan-20 08:33:38

Good morning from a rather dreary Birmingham. I’m up and organised early for the builders, but the concierge said they are not coming until tomorrow, so I’m having another cup of tea. I’m going to an Arts Society meeting this morning, then returning some jeans and trying on some others. I’m on the search for the perfect pair: dark indigo, with no “whiskers” or fading, not too wide and not too narrow.
Best wishes to all who are under the weather or grieving.