Gransnet forums

Chat

My daughter, her bedroom and the roosters.

(11 Posts)
fatgran57 Sat 28-Mar-20 08:42:42

My teenage daughter had the messiest bedroom I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

I didn't go in there - just shouted to her from the doorway - mainly to clean up the filthy room.

One morning after she had gone to school I was going past her closed door when I heard a really unusual sound, especially from inside a suburban bedroom.

It sounded just like a rooster crowing!

I went inside the room, leading off the main room was an enclosed verandah / sunroom.

I followed the sound and to my absolute horror and may I say complete disbelief I discovered two white roosters in a cage!

Turned out that she had been given two fluffy chickens at an agricultural show, secretly brought them home and actually RAISED them into roosters in her bedroom!

How and what she fed them I will never know, how none of us ever knew they were there I will never know but one thing I do know - I was scarred for life by the shock I received when I discovered them.

I hope her children do something similar to her - Karma!

Chewbacca Sat 28-Mar-20 08:50:28

grin

Not quite on the same level but, when my DS was about 6 or so, I noticed that there were slime trails all over his bedroom carpet. Couldn't work out how slugs could have got up there and kept cleaning them up. It was only after a couple of weeks of this that I discovered he'd made "a zoo" in a cardboard box that he'd hidden in his toy cupboard. His "zoo" comprised of slugs, snails, beetles, woodlice, anything he could find outside in the garden; all beautifully bedded down on a bed of grass and weeds! Euurgh!

Bellanonna Sat 28-Mar-20 08:53:31

Oh, yuk, Chewy ?

vampirequeen Sat 28-Mar-20 08:57:13

fantastic lol

fatgran57 Sat 28-Mar-20 09:11:58

Oh how horrible Chewbaccagrin" what are little boys made of " haha.

Actually her roosters would've made short work of his collection. They would have enjoyed the meal!

BradfordLass73 Sun 29-Mar-20 04:49:04

I used to have battles with my son about his untidy bedroom - it was his total resposibility to clean and change his bedding.

I nagged him (especially when we ran out of crockery because it was all in there) but it got to the stage where I had to make a decision: did I want a tidy room or a good relationship with my son?

I chose the latter and stopped nagging.

He later joined the Army and experienced a far worse Sgt Major than I was smile

BlueBelle Sun 29-Mar-20 07:46:39

What happened to the roosters after you found them I ve got visions of them still there in a tiny cage fatgran

fatgran57 Sun 29-Mar-20 07:53:25

Do you know BlueBelle I have been trying to remember what did happen to them.. I have an idea that my father gave them to someone - no animals were harmed in this sagasmile

I will ask the daughter in question if she remembers when I next talk to her.

ninathenana Sun 29-Mar-20 08:10:46

I still have to put up with my adult son's messy bedroom. Because he is autistic I've always respected "his space" but believe me that room commands no respect !

sodapop Sun 29-Mar-20 09:26:38

Then when they have their own homes its a completely different story, I remember being told ' put a coaster under that mug Mother ' unbelievable !!

Bellanonna Sun 29-Mar-20 10:41:21

soda ?