Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening FriesDay

(3 Posts)
Rufus2 Fri 05-Jun-20 15:14:41

Hoping for better luck this evening. Another pleasant day with plenty of (weak) sunshine. Queen’s birthday public holiday started and more lockdown restrictions have been eased, which really translates to reducing the “pressure” allowing permitted numbers of patrons, for example, to be increased, but still controlled.
Most frustrating to see TV showing diners in restaurants chomping away!
Taswegians are now allowed their 2nd homes; apparently every man and his dog have one in Tasmania!
Megs A sad day for you all regarding you grandson’s wedding postponement; You say "till next year” We all hope that weddings can go ahead soon, but it must be frustrating not to be able to plan for a firm date! Even then, venues and other services usually have to be booked well in advance, but as they say “Love conquers All”
Jane On the subject of dining, you’ve probably read the piece in the Spring Oldie re; a rant about “Yorkshire pudding”! Very funny! grin

“The Oldie” Newsletter has a very interesting article about being able to use BBC TV prog. scenes as PC backgrounds, although I now recall problems with trying to download from the BBC. They weren’t available outside GB; probably because we didn’t have a licence.

Good news! Shakespeare and Hathaway have started a new (to us) series with Jo Joyner again as “Lu” She’s (pardon the expression) the spitting image of our Nurse Jacqui whom I haven’t seen for nigh on a month since my discharge from the home nursing prog! I do miss her, but the TV will be better than nothing.

Notice that the “London Riots” are now being called that and look like any other global city.
Melbourne is hosting one and maybe more this long weekend; you won’t see me on TV News, not even waving a GN banner! hmm
Good Health Keep rugged up all those suffering 10C conditions.
OoRoo

felice Fri 05-Jun-20 15:46:16

Good afternoon Rufus, how did you know I am having Belgian Fries for dinner tonight?
Weather changed here in Brussels yesterday after 11 weeks of +23 temperatures, the garden was very grateful but my DGS is not. We have a saying in Scotland when a room is untidy that you could 'stir it with a stick and not notice the difference'.
Well that is here for certain.
Our lockdown is easing with shops open 2 weeks now and DGS back at school one day a week. Bars open on Monday if they have beer gardens or terraces, lots of safety measures in place, a friend has taken on 3 extra staff to comply.
Have a good weekend, stay safe and keep your sense of humour.

Megs36 Fri 05-Jun-20 19:29:45

Hello Rufus, dare I say Things can only get better. (I know a song about that)! We have started our first week of my husbands parole with a couple of short walks, such a long time since we’ve been out it’s like freedom.?I actually went into a shop while he sat in the car, Wow.
Been lots of unwedding things on Instagram, thanks for your comments btw, Not sure if I mentioned the next grandchild's wedding is now postponed until 2022. Not sure we’ll be boogieing on down by then!!
London Riots indeed, seemto have banished Covid 19 or at least Social distancing.
Has Nurse Jacqui abandoned you completely now? Did she not come back last week when you had your ‘bad turn’.
Cheers as always????