Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Monday

(3 Posts)
Rufus2 Mon 03-Aug-20 14:24:56

Greetings from the “State of Depression”! Day 1 of Stage 4 and curfew nearly completed. Obviously we’ll have to wait a while to get some idea of it’s effectiveness; today’s stats relate to yesterday’s results, 429 new cases and 13 deaths! Probably “better” than your’s on a pro-rata population basis, but our leaders are determined not to let this second wave get out of hand.
Unfortunately some people can’t help being stupid. e.g an idiot walks through a check point control at the VIC/ S. Australia border and goes off up the road on foot! Police arrest him, charge him and put him in the cells o/night. Waiting to see the outcome!
Of course our police are rightly able to issue on-the-spot fines for breaches of lock-down Regs, e.g. $200.00 for not wearing a face-mask out of doors. They also routinely carry guns.! hmm
Just like “Border Security” on TV when incoming travellers have their luggage emptied out to reveal no-end of prohibited food, usually Asian, which looks disgusting. All deadly for our eco-systems. Yet some passengers obviously can’t read or understand the customs declaration forms. sad

Megs Thank you! Thursday the 27th it is then! I’ve a special bottle of Shiraz laid down for the occasion, but what with “social distancing” it looks like I’ll have to finish off the bottle all alone. My very kind neighbour is a Mormon, so she won’t be able to help out! Oh well!
Although, brilliant thought;! Our 27th comes first, so open it then and finish it off later!
I’m pretty sure we didn’t get a card nor an email from H.M. on our Diamond. We kept all the cards which I still treasure; some things I just can’t throw away. there’s one from the Gov. Gen. acting as her rep’, but not quite the same thing. It was after Sir John Kerr’s time. He would have forgotten us too!
Btw; No2 son forgot and bought me another 12 pack of toilet paper, so I’m ready to meet all disasters! grin

BlueSky Unfortunately we are over-governed in that there exists 7 Govts, each with their own version of the Westminster system, so when someone said recently “blame the Govt.” which in our case would be the VIC Govt. they know not of what they speak.
I’m playing it safe after over 5 months of self isolation (no choice anyway) and fortunately, I know of no one whose copped the virus

Our stage 4 regs. are drastic. many small businesses are closing and will probably not survive. Supermarket shopping will be controlled; restricted hours, only one person per household, certain items rationed despite reassurances that there is enough for everyone’s “normal” needs, although looking at TV News today some shoppers were emerging pulling what looked like a caravan of shopping trolleys.
We know things are getting serious now that “Bunnings” won’t allow DIY customers in, only “Tradies” Fair enough; they need to keep working. Us amateurs will have to scratch around in the shed for all those used screws and nails that we knew “would come in handy one day!” grin

Take care Everyone.
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

rafichagran Mon 03-Aug-20 20:47:00

Enening Rufus, does not sound good where you are at the moment.

Megs36 Mon 03-Aug-20 21:02:24

Yes Rufus do keep as safe as poss. As you say after 5 months following the rules a bit longer makes sense.

Here there are fools too, having raves and strange demos, no social distancing.Even though my Husband was ‘released ‘ on Saturday he is yet to go into a shop, no great hardship, and stays in the car when I get the paper or a few odds from local small shop.
I understand you keeping cards and memories, How long since your other half died.? Sorry, I guess my family will have the bonfire of all bonfires when we go!
Cheers and keep that Shiraz handy.
??????