Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sat'Day

(4 Posts)
Rufus2 Sat 19-Sep-20 14:41:19

Hi! Hope your celebrations are going well, Grandmabatty and not developing any more typos as the day wears on!
Also hope the sunshine gift didn't disappoint; that's one you can't send back!

Megs Your prediction of October 2021 for your break really puts the problem into perspective. How many more Covid "waves" will have happened by then?
We are having more anti-lockdown demos this weekend in Melb. with demonstrators yelling as they are dragged off to the police paddy wagons that the Corona virus doesn't exist and it's all a con by the authorities against citizens rights.
A bit like loonies still claiming the moon landing didn't happen! Pity that it's not going to pour down!

Jaxjacky Meant to ask, what's wrong with good old British cars, keeping the money on shore and all that!?
At our Zoom think tank yesterday the topic of voice-controlled cars came up. We wondered what languages would have to be uploaded to its computer; we imagined certain expletives would be universal and easily programmed into its computer! grin
Zooming "Dropbox " tomorrow! We're a versatile lot and can talk nonsense about anything, although it's mainly
ladies tomorrow so discussion will be kept on topic
I must say it's nice to see their friendly faces and nobody's been kicked out yet!. smile
rafichagran I guess my doc will be pushing Covid vaccine jabs when he gets his hands on some, but I think I'll be hanging back at the end of the queue watching and waiting!
Btw; if my memory serves me right, weren't you working in the coffee business at one stage? Those businesses have taken a hit with our severe curfew regs.
Must say, now our weather is warming up, like today, one of life's little pleasures, sitting out in the garden with a cuppa and newspaper has become one of life's big pleasures!
More so when Son turns up with Chish and fips, for lunch like tomorrow, I hope! grin
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Sat 19-Sep-20 15:29:15

Evening Rufus, the only British car that was near the budget I had and the size I needed was the Nissan Quashqai...then that was 5k over budget. I did look, two hatchbacks, mini’s, Bentley and Landrover. Sorry!
We have a good share of Covid conspirators here too, some pop up on GN. Looks like we may get a short, not so tight lockdown here soon. I don’t know if it’s a second wave, I seem to spend a fair amount of time saying ‘I don’t know’ lately, children asking about Christmas, me venturing to make various appointments that may not happen. However, it’s a temperate day, I’ve done a bit of chopping down in the garden, picked some more tomatoes and cottage pie made for dinner. Onwards, smiling ?? enjoy your Chish and Fips.

rafichagran Sat 19-Sep-20 17:32:24

Good Evening Rufus I do not work in the coffee industry, much as I love the stuff. I dont post what I do on here , think you have mixed me up with someone else.
I love sitting in the garden with a cuppa reading my kindle. Done that today for an hour.
Enjoy your chish and fips, and have a good evening.

Grandmabatty Sun 20-Sep-20 09:25:19

Rufus2 the birthday celebrations went very well, thanks. As to typos... I made a massive one on another thread. ?