Gransnet forums

Chat

Car break down

(10 Posts)
Namsnanny Wed 28-Oct-20 17:17:03

I've been sat in Aldi car park waiting for the RAC to rescue me for nearly 2 hours!
I have 2 scarves 3 different forms of jacket/coat on and my feet are still freezing!
And I'm so bored!!!

Dottynan Wed 28-Oct-20 17:18:48

I thought they prioritised ladies on their own.

Namsnanny Wed 28-Oct-20 17:22:46

My husband was here but he left to see if he could buy some jump leads and I havent see him since!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 28-Oct-20 17:35:00

Be careful you are only allowed to park in Aldi for 1 hour 30 minutes, you need to let the store manager know, otherwise you will get a parking fine through the post!

Namsnanny Wed 28-Oct-20 17:43:39

Oh goodness yes! Thank you for reminding me GranyGravy13
I'll do that now. Just hope the mechanic doesnt arrive whilst I'm gone.

J52 Wed 28-Oct-20 18:39:42

The one and only time I broke down (2years ago) the RAC Went to the wrong town looking for a different model of cad.
My DH travelled 1.45 hrs and got to me first!
They wouldn’t tow me home as the tow truck would take an estimated 3 hrs to get there and DH could take me home. The car was left outside a repair garage.
BTW if you’re having trouble don’t pull into a main dealer. The RAC definitely won’t come out, as you’re already at a garage even if it’s closed.

J52 Wed 28-Oct-20 18:40:09

*car! No cad involved!

Nonogran Wed 28-Oct-20 19:19:57

I'm with Brittania Rescue (BR) and have never had to wait longer than an hour. I've had to call them out maybe 4 times in 15 years (different cars) and each time the service had been fantastic. Throughout the breakdown their control room has kept in touch until the pick up truck arrived. My partner was with the AA but one Easter after terrible service from them, he too is with BR. Brilliant team work between Police and Highways everytime from BR drivers in my experience.

vampirequeen Thu 29-Oct-20 12:40:33

I've never been left than long. Phone them back and tell them you are elderly with a medical problem which is being made worse by the cold weather. I don't see anything wrong with playing the age card in this situation. You've waited a long time for them already.

ninathenana Thu 29-Oct-20 13:03:59

Really sorry to hear this. Hope your rescued soon
I'm curious as to where in the country you are. As it's quiet mild in S.E.