Gransnet forums

Chat

Well done Sophie

(13 Posts)
Cherrytree59 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:45:35

Nice to see Countess of Wessex helping out.
All the volunteers at the vaccination sites have been amazing.

Especially would like to thank the cheerful park volunteers, who were working out in the freezing cold snow, when my DH had his jab .?

Lillie Fri 26-Feb-21 10:49:05

Sophie always attracts good comments, yet she has her own style too.
Lovely to see her helping.

Cherrytree59 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:49:12

Seem to have lost 'car' out of carpark ?park

Lillie Fri 26-Feb-21 10:50:40

Well it is all a bit of a merry go round Cherrytree, or should that be rollercoaster?

Aveline Fri 26-Feb-21 10:51:59

Good on her. Quietly getting on. She came to support an event DH was involved with and was impressed by her interest and concern that she wouldn't distract from the event. She charmed and encouraged a lot of young people.

Calendargirl Fri 26-Feb-21 10:52:00

Sophie could teach some others what it means to marry into the family.

JaneJudge Fri 26-Feb-21 10:52:18

She has done a lot of work for children with disabilities over the years that rarely gets publicity.

Witzend Fri 26-Feb-21 10:54:49

Ditto about the volunteers, OP - it was a cold, wet, miserable day when I had my first jab but the outdoor volunteers directing us around the maze of a big university building were so cheerful and helpful. I suspect that at least some of them were students.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:59:31

She is, indeed, a credit to the monarchy. She's gone about her business with dignity.

eazybee Fri 26-Feb-21 12:21:12

She and her husband visited a centre for people with disabilities where a classmate from my french lessons worked; she was cross about having to miss the lesson because she had no time at all for the monarchy. To our surprise she actually arrived late at the french class because she wanted to tell us all about the wonderful time she had had, how interested the Wessexes were in everything, how well briefed they were, how they met and talked to everyone, asked sensible relevant questions, and how everyone, including her, was charmed by them.
They both do a great deal of boring unremarkable work that goes unnoticed, except by the people involved.

Namsnanny Fri 26-Feb-21 12:39:13

They both do a great deal
of boring unremarkable work that goes unnoticed, except by those involved
That's the true meaning of duty or service. No fuss. Just do what is required.

sodapop Fri 26-Feb-21 12:51:34

So true Namsnanny

Namsnanny Fri 26-Feb-21 13:13:36

And quite hard to find examples of, sodapop!

Thank you eazybee for that example.