Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Chewsday.

(7 Posts)
Rufus2 Tue 11-May-21 15:14:13

Hello again! Some big news today! Melbourne now has a Covid + case!
A 32 year old gentleman returned from India via Singapore then Adelaide where he quarantined successfully, came to Melb, but after 5 days tested +ve.
What’s surprised me is the number of venues he’s managed to visit.
“Contact tracers” now have a job on their hands

By way of sheer contrast, I watched the second 1 hour episode of “Covid 2020” on TV this evening showing mass burials being carried out in countries world-wide!
Film of families undergoing lockdown in horrendous conditions in Africa and South America; “families” contained at least 5 children

Aveline News like that doesn’t make for “Have s Good Day! sad
Melanoma isn’t a nice word, nor is “gangrene” which always gives me the shudders.
Today we heard that an 82 year old Aussie TV star has had his leg amputated because of an infected toe! he’s also a diabetic which doesn’t help.
He’s an old-timer ; started off with TV when it arrived in OZ; always a shock, especially wheh they’ve been part of the scenery all that time.

Jaxjacky So you’ve managed to persuade Mr J to join you in the diggings!
Being keeper of the keys is a big responsibility; I know that from watching the
Tower of London” programme recently.
Are you practising your “hugging” technique on Mr J? You don’t want to overdo it after all that time and crush the grandchildren! Sounds great1 Enjoy!

Now that I’ve found the daily cartoons I have to brush up on how to post them.

Have been looking out for Megs, but now I seem to recall they were having a break somewhere. Hope they are well!

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Tue 11-May-21 16:02:24

Hi Rufus, no, not Mr J digging, some hired help, Mr J does build raised beds and helps assemble ‘structures’, digging is orf in his remit! I shall be gentle on the hugging front, have been duly warned..
UEFA still debating location of the final, it might be Portugal, all to do with TV rights and revenue, of course. Saints on the box tonight, C Palace, next week v Leeds...Mr J is acting quietly confident.
I’m up the allotment i half an hour to meet a friend with a plot near mine, now, hopefully the frost has passed, I need to get a move on with sowing seeds.
Take care ?

Aveline Tue 11-May-21 16:18:38

Bit cheerier today - or so far so good anyway. I'm meeting another friend for lunch tomorrow. Its at a lovely garden but could only book a table outside. Rain is forecast but I don't care. It will be so good to see her for a catch up. I'll order soup so it won't matter if its diluted a bit by rain drops!
Worrying about your new case of Covid. I wish you could get a vaccination Rufus2

B9exchange Tue 11-May-21 17:12:52

Ah, finally I have tracked down the meaning of the word at the end of your post Rufus Though I am not sure you will like it! grin

Ooroo An Australian term meaning "see you latter " it's not to be confussed with goodbye as that is to final. I.e the friendship will continue. The word is old fashioned so it is generally used by 70 plus yr olds

Aveline Tue 11-May-21 17:34:49

I think it's a lovely useful word. Time to use it more.
Ooroo everyone. I'm not over 70 so that's a start!

Jaxjacky Tue 11-May-21 20:02:02

Congratulations Manchester City ????

rafichagran Tue 11-May-21 20:13:00

Evening Rufus late to the party again. Had a lovely relaxing day, as not at work.
Having 2nd covid jab tommorow, then may drive to the coast if I feel ok, had no symtoms last time, so hoping for the same again.