Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming and supportive kitchen for kindly folk...

(1000 Posts)
soop Sat 14-Aug-21 18:07:59

Here we are yet again,
Happy as we can be...
All good friends and jolly good company.

WELCOME to our very own kitchen in which we celebrate happy occasions and support each other through the difficult times. flowers sunshine smile

Grandmabatty Sat 14-Aug-21 18:19:48

A quick wave as I'm heading out for a family meal to celebrate mum's birthday. There will be four courses and wine!

Charleygirl5 Sat 14-Aug-21 18:24:28

Grandmabatty please may I come too- one course and wine will be sufficient for me thank you.

The sun has shone here for a few hours- so sorry I did not wash clothes but that was not the forecast.
TOYA

Blossoming Sat 14-Aug-21 18:47:39

Ooh, a new kitchen! Today I have been doing some admin, my brain is now fried after doing my parking permit online. They ask for so much info nowadays and scans of passport, driver’s license, proof of address, etc. etc. I felt mentally exhausted by the time it was finished. We’ve just enjoyed a slow cooker chicken jalfrezi made by me, along with some Nan bread by Mr.B, so ready to snuggle down and watch a movie. Have a lovely evening dear Kitcheners.

Bellanonna Sat 14-Aug-21 18:54:13

Hello to the new Kitchen. Thank you once again for opening it ‘soop*

BladeAnnie Sat 14-Aug-21 18:54:31

Ooh a lovely new kitchen - I'll pop in and share our Chinese which has just arrived?

Jaxjacky Sat 14-Aug-21 18:56:44

Bit of a lazy day here with the weekly newspaper treat, walked later and clocked up a few steps.
Really pleased, picked my first aubergine, I’ve never grown them before, it’ll go in a frittata later for dinner. It’s been warmer than expected, greenhouse water and probably the garden tomorrow. We went to see my son and his GF ‘new’ maisonette, they now have a small garden, so I’m planning! DD and granddaughter seem to have recovered from Covid, all the family are here a week tomorrow for bbq.
I hope phoenix is not too bad and panache still has love and support.
Wishing you all a gentle evening, enjoy your meal Grandmabatty ?.

brook2704 Sat 14-Aug-21 19:12:53

Ooooh a lovely new kitchen, thanks soop I’ll leave some fresh flowers by the window Thank you too for the beautiful picture of baggs I hope you’ve had s great time together

Sending much love and support to phoenix

Hope you and your mum enjoy your meal out grandmabatty how lovely to be able to do that

Well done growing the aubergine jax and everything else too - you’ve definitely got green fingers!

Pittcity Sat 14-Aug-21 19:26:41

Here you all are. I left to eat a lovely curry made by DH and you all snuck out of one kitchen and into a new one. There are leftover onion bhajis and samosas on the table.
I'll give everyone a big hug, especially Phoenix and try not to overwhelm you with my curry breath.x

Nannytopsy Sat 14-Aug-21 19:35:36

A new kitchen already! Where did that time go?
A bit frantic here at Topsy Towers so I shall leave you a red onion and goats cheese quiche and a raspberry and amaretti cake. X

Susan56 Sat 14-Aug-21 19:56:16

Hello to the new kitchen??

We have had a busy day looking after Henry and then the divine Miss M decided to come for a sleepover.

Enjoy your meal Grandmabatty and very impressive aubergine Jax.Our crops seem a bit late this year although we have had lots of French beans.DH harvested the onions yesterday and the tomatoes are beginning to turn red.I love it when we have a meal with all produce from the garden.

Have a good evening everyone.TOYA.

Jaxjacky Sat 14-Aug-21 19:57:33

Bhaji and samosa gratefully received Pittcity excellent way to christen the new kitchen (I’m not a cake person ) xx if I get more aubergines I’ll tempura them with a lovely dip.
Fed up with pictures loading sideways, a minor annoyance.

SueDonim Sat 14-Aug-21 19:58:26

Is the kitchen open to newcomers? smile

Grandmafrench Sat 14-Aug-21 20:00:23

Good evening lovely Kitchen types

I was last out of the pool this evening and so I was the one who swept the bottom and sieved some ladybirds and the odd floaty flower out of the water. (Pool now immaculate and the ladybirds seemed quite grateful!)

Seems that there are plans afoot in the Argy to launch a grand trip to France and, more specifically, to visit Grandmafrench. Well, myself and DH would feel honoured and thrilled. He'll be happy to give your Admiral directions if needed, but will step back if there are any shenanigans with the Gendarmes when you float into the beach! We need to hang on to the shreds of our reputation as DH has just received his new 10year You-Can-Continue-To-Live-in-France card and mine is allegedly in the post. Don't want to jeopardise that by hanging out with pole dancers or those with tartan swimsuits and naughty llamas. So, Doodle good luck with sorting out your ladies - and ensuring they all stay ladies until they get here. Then, they can go bonkers in the sunshine if they wish!

Fabulous cake, soop. How kind of Baggs and what a journey - she must REALLY REALLY like you. ?

Sad that you're poorly, Phoenix, and hope that you will soon be back on form.

Hope your family evening out is a huge success, GrandmaB and your Mum is thrilled with her birthday treat.
You possibly won't be hungry enough after sharing Blade's Chinese, but there is a Goan Fish curry on the side with DH's poppadums. Poppadums which I insisted he cook in the garden! I know, not a care for the neighbours!! Some mango chutney available for any who like that.

Have a restful evening - it does sound as if there's lots going on- but remember it's a day of rest tomorrow, if you can. We Grans do need to recharge some time and preferably before Monday rears up and pokes us in the eye!

Nice to be in another new Kitchen where I hope to sneak a slice of Goats cheese quiche before it all disappears. (I'll go anywhere for Goats cheese, me)?

So love you and leave you then, dear peeps. See you very soon.
? Santé from French France xx

Jaxjacky Sat 14-Aug-21 20:42:15

More the merrier SueDonim if you bake at all, you’ll never escape! Welcome.

TillyTrotter Sat 14-Aug-21 20:50:03

I’m sorry - out of breath and a bit late to the kitchen - with the canapés I promised you Ladies. Truth be told I was bringing Champagne, but I popped the cork to try it (you have to try it) and I think I tried too much (hic!)
I have replaced it with a bottle of Cava in a posh champagne bucket on the side. Let’s raise a glass to a new Soop’s Kitchen.
? ?

Blossoming Sat 14-Aug-21 20:53:44

Cheers Tilly and thanks for the fizz.

Baggs Sat 14-Aug-21 21:07:59

When Soop says four hours she means two hours there and two back. She and MacSporran laid on a slap up meal of smoked salmon sandwiches, smoked mackerel sandwiches, non-alcoholic elderflower fizz, Scottish spring water (boiled and chilled – perfect! there's nothing better), strawberries and blueberries with strawberry cheesecake ice-cream (yes really!), delicious crispy munchies, baby tomatoes, cheese and oatcakes, coconut jammy macaroons, almond finger thingummybobs and tea. I didn't need any dinner this evening!

Pictures below are of (i) MacSporran carving the ice-cream, (ii) my pudding plate with a bit of birthday cake as well (I never got to the cheese and oatcakes!), and (iii) part of the sea wall at Inveraray where LittleSheBear (the pal who accompanied me) and I sat and drank our coffee on the way home. It's about at the halfway point.

We had a fabulous day.

Blossoming Sat 14-Aug-21 21:08:27

Just been catching up on the news, so sorry to hear Phoenix is feeling poorly, I miss her wit and warmth.

kittylester Sat 14-Aug-21 21:17:57

Lovely post baggs.

Sad news of phienix.

Marydoll Sat 14-Aug-21 21:24:25

Baggs, I thought you must have moved house when Soop said it took four hours to get there! ??

Praying for Phoenix.

Hellogirl1 Sat 14-Aug-21 22:08:19

So sorry to hear that Phoenix isn`t feeling too well today. I hope she makes it to her party tomorrow.
Impressive looking aubergine JaxJacky, something I`ve never tasted. Susan, don`t home grown tomatoes smell divine?
Oh my Soop, that was a spread and a half that you laid on for Baggs and her pal!
Baggs, that pic of the sea wall at Inverary brings back some memories.
I don`t know what`s wrong with me, but ever since teatime I`m reluctant to breathe in, as I get a terrible pain in my side. Hopefully it`ll right itself by morning.
TOYA

Mattsmum2 Sat 14-Aug-21 22:25:07

Hello kitchen people, hope all is as well as can be.
I’ve now moved house and am living with my daughter and her fiancé and I will be building an annexe in the garden. After leaving my rental house a month ago yesterday I am still waiting g for my deposit back, I’ve been sending emails and formal letters to the agency and yet they can’t get the landlord to respond. So I’ve gone to a dispute with the tenancy deposit scheme, that will probably take another month to sort! It’s nearly £2k and I can ill afford to not have it.
My son had a check up on his eye surgery and all us well.
The close friend I lost left me a cookery book. Such a lovely thought and I opened it while staying with my partner in South Wales on a beach.

Hope you can all have a peaceful night and weekend.

muse Sat 14-Aug-21 22:48:25

What table full of delights awaited you Baggs. Excellent cake.
That's a long time to wait for the deposit back Mattsmum2. I hope the scheme sorts it out soon with that landlord.
I plan to have a recharge day tomorrow Grandmafrench.
I been gathering in the garden produce too Jax and *Susan. First runner beans tonight. My tomatoes are still green though Susan. Keep the sun coming and they'll get there.

Hugs for all, especially Phoenix.

brook2704 Sat 14-Aug-21 22:51:53

A very warm kitchen welcome SueDonim please pop in anytime for a chat ?
Wow baggs and soop that does look delicious, I hope you all had a lovely day
Lovely photo mattsmum enjoy the cookery book! I hope you get your rental deposit back soon. It sounds like a real adventure building an annex in the garden, I hope all goes well ?
Hope you feel better by the morning hellogirl

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion