Gransnet forums

Chat

What to do about prolapse

(6 Posts)
florina Thu 28-Mar-24 10:39:12

What to do about Prolapse

MissAdventure Thu 28-Mar-24 11:07:11

You could have a pessary type thing to hold it wher it should be, or go for a repair.

Hopefully someone with some knowledge will reply, because I'm only making sure your question gets seen. smile

Have you been to your gp about it?

Cossy Thu 28-Mar-24 12:56:01

I have both a prolapse bowel and bladder and have seen a physio who gave me many different pelvic floor exercises.

Where is this prolapse?

Greyduster Thu 28-Mar-24 13:03:38

If it is a uterine prolapse, I would have it repaired. I did this after having a pessary for years. I wish I’d done it sooner but what put me off then was the fact that they used mesh and there were many awful problems arising from mesh implants. They don’t use mesh now and it’s a fairly simple operation to just tighten everything up.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 28-Mar-24 13:10:11

Only your gynaecologist can advise you properly. If you are past the age of child-bearing, he or she may well advise a hysterectomy, rather than anything else.

Grammaretto Thu 28-Mar-24 13:14:06

After pelvic floor exercising as much as I could, I had a hysterectomy about 15 years ago to relieve the vaginal wall prolapse. It worked although I think HRT may have helped to tighten the ligaments. I now use an oestrogen cream to prevent any more prolapses!
I have no regrets.
Good luck for your decision.