Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win tickets to the film premiere of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

(25 Posts)
Stansgran Thu 09-Feb-12 17:56:25

No-one mentioned Bora Bora-beautiful beaches hotels warm sea lovely inhabitants- the perfect chill out- the nearest place to heaven on this earth

em Fri 03-Feb-12 18:40:24

Well done JessM. Good to see a faithful GNetter winning, but also good to see so many new names appearing. It would be even better if lots of the newcomers continued to post ( you must be reading, so must see what goes on ). Jump in and enjoy!

JessM Fri 03-Feb-12 18:30:38

Well if it was David T now...
I won't be on the red carpet annobel but will plan lurk in the crowd to see what Maggie and co wearing. I expect, given that they are a sensible age, they will be wrapped up.

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 17:34:46

Dr who of course!

JessM Fri 03-Feb-12 17:14:25

oh wow! I don't think I have won anything in the last 30 years.
Better rush off and check my diary!!!!!! Who to take?????

Annobel Fri 03-Feb-12 17:13:13

Well done, JessM. We'll have to look out for you on the red carpet. Which designer will you be patronising for the event?

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 03-Feb-12 17:08:05

We've picked a winner randomly from this thread, and it is...*JessM*. Congratulations!

You should be getting an email very soon with more info.

grannyluddite Fri 03-Feb-12 15:43:57

The most exotic hideaway has to be Mustique or anywhere in the Grenadines.

AnnieRowena Fri 03-Feb-12 12:41:19

It has to be Mozambique!

Nsube Fri 03-Feb-12 12:06:39

Virginia. Those amazing beaches, Jamestown, Williamsburg and old Southern Hospitality.

Nanban Fri 03-Feb-12 12:03:07

The coast of Maine to eat lobster and curly crisps, a glass of fizz and my lovely man - completely perfect.

clarateddy Fri 03-Feb-12 11:39:07

My exotic hotel would be in Dubai, excellent service, great weather, good beaches and the opportunity to go to some great shops this sounds ideal

Suzi Thu 02-Feb-12 18:35:01

I would love to go to Machu Picchu in Southern Peru, not really an exotic place but I have heard it is amazing.

GoldenGran Thu 02-Feb-12 10:35:07

Mauritius, in the North of the island, walking on romantic beaches ,whilst watching breathtaking sunsets.sunshine

susiecb Thu 02-Feb-12 10:18:15

My exotic getaway would be Zanzibar. I have never been there but the very sound of it evokes thoughts of heady spices filling the air, bustling souks selling bright hand woven carpets and brass lanterns, deserted white beaches, a swarthy mysterious lover in a tented encampment on a moonlit beach. Oh i've already gone - in my imagination that is.smile

funthing29 Thu 02-Feb-12 07:37:33

I would go to Hawaii, lush and lovely, with amazing beaches and beautiful weather (when it's not raining).

It is also where Lost was filmed and I am a bit of a Lost fanatic so the geeky fan in me would love it.

rachybabs Wed 01-Feb-12 20:38:07

Hawaii - it's somewhere i've always wanted to go!

nanapug Tue 31-Jan-12 18:35:32

My ideal exotic getaway would be that lovely island in the film South Pacific - Bali Hai. Not sure it even exists but I can dream grin.

jeni Tue 31-Jan-12 17:58:14

Please cancel my entry! I'm apparently working that daysad

JessM Tue 31-Jan-12 17:53:16

I would like to fly to Auckland and head north. First to the beautiful Coromandel Peninsula and then on to the remote, subtropical northerly tip of New Zealand. When the weather is sunny and the days are long.

jeni Tue 31-Jan-12 17:00:39

Venice of course. La Serenissma is the most beautiful and interesting place on earth!

rocker Tue 31-Jan-12 16:43:27

My ideal exotic getaway would be the Maldives.

canadianturtle Tue 31-Jan-12 16:28:49

My ideal exotic giveaway would be going to the Mediterranean. I'd love to visit wine yards and olive gardens and take in the gorgeous weather while trying all the delicious authentic food.

Great giveaway! I'm very excited to see this film, hope I get lucky.

Roraima Tue 31-Jan-12 16:27:50

My city of choice is Berne. Because of the amount of cultural happenings there.

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 31-Jan-12 14:56:35

To celebrate the release of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel which hits cinemas on 24th February we are offering one lucky winner the chance to join the all-star British cast on the red carpet at the film’s world premiere in London.

For a disparate group of English pensioners (Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson, Penelope Wilton, Celia Imrie and Ronald Pickup), retirement takes an unconventional turn when they abandon their homeland, enticed by advertisements for THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL, a seemingly luxurious sanctuary for “the elderly and beautiful” in Jaipur, India. On arrival, they discover that the hotel falls somewhat short of the romantic idyll promised in the brochure, but they are gradually won over by the ever-optimistic young manager Sonny (Dev Patel), and tentatively embark on a new adventure, finding that life can begin again when you let go of the past.

To enter this competition to win a pair of tickets, simply tell us on this thread what your ideal exotic getaway would be and you could be attending the world premiere of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

For more information visit the official Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/thebestexoticmarigoldhotel

And watch the trailer here: www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gidiy6NRqTg

Terms and Conditions
Competition will close on Fri 3 Feb 2012.
Open to UK participants only
Prize for the main winner is a pair of tickets to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel premiere in central London on Tuesday 7th February
Travel and accommodation is not included
There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
A winner will be picked at random and contacted by the site. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 4 days of confirmation of delivery address.
Winner's name, contact number and address will be passed to a third party provider for delivery.
The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.