Gransnet forums

Competitions

Competition Win - A stay at The William Cecil Luxury hotel in Stamford.

(1 Post)
littleowl Sun 28-Sep-14 16:13:09

Gransnet Luxury Hillbrooke Hotels Competition.

I was delighted to hear that I had the Gransnet Luxury Hillbrooke Hotels competition last May.
We arranged to stay at the William Cecil Hotel at Stamford, Lincolnshire for the night of 23 September. Check out this link for how beautiful it is.
www.thewilliamcecil.co.uk/accommodation/gallery

We arrived in good time and explored the beautiful town of Stamford. It is regularly a finalist in The Sunday Times the best place to live in Britain survey and most of the historical architecture has been retained and is made of a beautiful cream stone very much like in the Cotswolds. We had a lovely sunny afternoon to mooch about, shop and found in St Martin churchyard the grave of Daniel Lambert who died in 1809 weighing 53 stones.

We checked into our room which was the ‘Queen of Palmyra’ luxury suite. It was the most amazing room I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. It was decorated in a traditional style but with emphasis on luxury. The bed was huge and sumptuous. The bathroom had two washbasins, a traditional loo, a freestanding bath and a ginormous shower unit. This room is bigger than my lounge at home.

Our dinner had been booked for 7.30pm and included a complimentary bottle of wine. This was 5 star dining at its best. For starters we had soup and my husband then chose steak, whilst I had sea bass. The dessert was a sharing platter of several delicious and enticing treats that looked almost too good to eat. There was not much left! At the end of the meal the waitress brought us a little box containing two vodka shots and two home made, luxury chocolates. We had been royally served and took photos of just about everything.

If we thought the dinner was good, the breakfast was something else again. The most amazing table of every type of breakfast delight was waiting for us to indulge ourselves- as a starter! We then chose from an expansive menu of delicious cooked breakfast food. Nothing was left out. We both had a cooked breakfast, as we knew this was our swan song of the trip. We ate in beautiful surroundings with top quality service. How I wish I could always afford this.

When we checked out there was absolutely nothing to pay. What a wonderful and generous prize from Gransnet and Hillbrooke Hotels. I do not think I will ever be able to match this and the memory of this amazing prize will stay with me forever.

I have posted a collage of photos on the Facebook page.
Thank you so much for this opportunity of a fantastic and memorable prize.