Gransnet forums

Competitions

book prize

(16 Posts)
Daffodil51 Sat 04-Jun-16 14:03:39

Thank you so much for my copy of The Woman Next door I'm looking forward to reading it

AlgeswifeVal Thu 15-Oct-15 20:54:06

The book I won arrived today. Thank you for chasing this delivery up. Will get started now reading it.

AlgeswifeVal Sat 10-Oct-15 21:06:39

I received an email to say I had won a book prize. Title of book Lost and Found. wink Not received it yet, nearly two weeks on from the email. Nevertheless very excited about it arriving. Patiently waiting.

Galen Fri 20-Feb-15 14:11:49

GNHQ!
I AM FED UP OF READING THE DEADLY DRAGON POO BOOK TO DGDS 20x A DAY!

I hope you suffer a similar fate!

Seriously, they love it. But really!

etheltbags1 Mon 22-Dec-14 20:20:27

I am enjoying my prize, I cant concentrate on reading very much at the minute so I am reading the more 'lighter' novels but with a few more serious ones in mind for the next few weeks. DGD has bagged a couple to borrow for over Christmas and so has her partner. I am in great demand. Im reading 'A week in Paris, by Rachel Hore'. One of my fave writers and I have several of her books in my bookcase.(I hoard books). My greatest regret was not being a librarian or working in a bookstore.
I have wrapped up the two childrens book for DGD for Christmas.
My dining table is like a publishers warehouse at the minute but its no problem as I love the smell of books.
many thanks grans net once again.

tanith Mon 22-Dec-14 11:21:40

How lovely enjoy ethelbags..

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Dec-14 11:14:25

We are delighted to hear that it arrived safely - do update us as you work your way through the box!
xx

rubysong Fri 19-Dec-14 23:15:06

Enjoy your reading ethel and tell us what you like best. GN are very generous with their book prizes, I have had a few.

etheltbags1 Fri 19-Dec-14 21:05:13

A nice man would do also as distraction therapy or a lottery win or maybe an inheritance but never mind I shall curl up on my sofa andtry to escape.

loopylou Fri 19-Dec-14 20:52:43

That's so good to hear Ethelbags! Am thrilled that you won, just what you need as distraction therapy tchgrin

etheltbags1 Fri 19-Dec-14 20:49:30

got my prize yesterday delivered by a bulging eyed buckling legged postman whom I thought was about to have a heart attack on my doorstep. He staggered into my living room with this huge heavy, parcel and I began to search through it. I am so pleased with it, been reading a book tonight then thought ' I will go online to tell all at gransnet how happy I am'. I will not enter any more comps though for a while as I think it would be unfair to others.

Grannyknot Thu 18-Dec-14 10:16:33

ethel that's absolutely wonderful and I bet it has cheered you up no end tchsmile congrats with your win.

etheltbags1 Thu 18-Dec-14 10:08:19

still waiting for the 'big ' parcel to arrive. Cant wait, they said there might be something for my DGD too so it will be like Christmas a few days early.

Charleygirl Tue 16-Dec-14 12:14:37

That is really good and hopefully you will have enough reading material to take your mind off your present worries. You do need outside help but you also, and I am saying this in the nicest possible way, need to get a grip of yourself. For you, it has happened at just the right time.

whenim64 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:00:00

Congratulations ethel. What a great prize! flowers

etheltbags1 Tue 16-Dec-14 10:38:33

I cant believe it but they are saying ive won a book prize. I never win anything but I will be so pleased if I have I just love reading. Im gobsmacked.