Gransnet forums

Competitions

Where are the Christmas competitions?

(17 Posts)
glammanana Wed 11-Oct-23 12:38:39

Callistemon21

DanniRae

I won a few comps too - in the Good Old Days!!

I feel now that Gransnet is like a big empty room - no one is about. The picture at the top when you first come on here of the grandparents and their grandchildren swimming hasn't been changed in ages. The unwelcome videos that pop up within threads and at the side are always the same ones - and very uninteresting. I can imagine that someone pops into this empty room every day or so just to check we are ticking over ok and other than that we are left to our own devices hmm

Dannierae what a good description!

That swimming advert is starting to make me feel chilly now, it was fine in the hot weather.
Someone must have made 10,000 scones, 5,000 cakes, and as for the Gransnetters getting makeovers - perhaps it's Gransnet itself that needs a makeover.

Good Old Days How true you are C21 most posts are games etc sometimes taking up half of the postings,so boring now compared to when GN first started all those years ago.

Callistemon21 Wed 11-Oct-23 12:12:06

DanniRae

I feel now that Gransnet is like a big empty room - no one is about. The picture at the top when you first come on here of the grandparents and their grandchildren swimming hasn't been changed in ages. The unwelcome videos that pop up within threads and at the side are always the same ones - and very uninteresting. I can imagine that someone pops into this empty room every day or so just to check we are ticking over ok and other than that we are left to our own devices hmm

Dannierae what a good description!

That swimming advert is starting to make me feel chilly now, it was fine in the hot weather.
Someone must have made 10,000 scones, 5,000 cakes, and as for the Gransnetters getting makeovers - perhaps it's Gransnet itself that needs a makeover.

Callistemon21 Wed 11-Oct-23 12:09:08

eazybee

Look at the date of the post.

And we're still not getting competitions ☹

eazybee Wed 11-Oct-23 11:38:31

Look at the date of the post.

bikergran Wed 11-Oct-23 10:27:28

Hi glammanana lol I too won a Hoover , I had to make a little video using it and then I got to keep it.

DanniRae Wed 11-Oct-23 10:20:03

glammanana Wed 11-Oct-23 09:06:42

There where some great prizes a few years ago all seem to have dried up,I have won monthly book quite a few times/set of cars for dgs/a hoover/chocolates etc/week-end break.
We also had the chance to try out goods and give our opinion then get to keep the product do any of you remember those days ?

Nannan2 Wed 11-Oct-23 07:44:05

I just clicked on competitions at the top- says head over to mumsnet for a chance for an expensive holiday!- we are being edged outfor the mumsnet ladies!!🤨😠

annsixty Wed 11-Oct-23 07:35:17

I won a lovely prize of flowers delivered monthly for 6 months and another of 3 books,
Also the recipient several times of the book of the month for which you had to submit a review
It all seems a long time ago.
Times change.

Ali08 Wed 11-Oct-23 07:20:34

Awwww. No comps??

Glorianny Tue 20-Dec-22 10:24:55

Used to be lots of competitions and free books etc. I suspect its because GN doesn't have as many members as it used to so it doesn't attract freebies from and companies. It used to be lovely. There were competitions for prizes and a book of the month for free if you got your application in early.

M0nica Tue 20-Dec-22 08:46:57

reported

Iteress Tue 20-Dec-22 08:44:46

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

tanith Sat 10-Dec-22 18:43:57

Such a shame when I first joined years ago I won a couple of really nice prizes and I enjoyed doing them.

Elegran Sat 10-Dec-22 18:35:52

Perhaps no organisations have come forward to sponsor the prizes?

Wheniwasyourage Sat 10-Dec-22 18:02:25

No idea, tanith, and I never really noticed them anyway, but why don't you report your post and then it should get noticed and you might even get a reply! smile

tanith Sat 10-Dec-22 16:15:19

How disappointing that we’ve no competitions even at Christmas. Does anyone know why they’ve dried up?