Gransnet forums

Contact the elderly

Tea Dancing

(18 Posts)
tyos Mon 24-Nov-14 19:06:08

Hi there, i was wondering if any one goes Tea Dancing at all, and where do you go, and do you recomend any places for Tea dancing? I can dance abit, ballroom - sequence -and abit of old tyme. I dont have a dancepartner at present.

HildaW Mon 24-Nov-14 19:08:25

A dance school I know in Hereford has regular well attended tea dances

rosesarered Mon 24-Nov-14 19:51:08

Sadly the nearest I get to tea dancing is cavorting about the house when Status Quo are on the radio whilst slurping a mug of Earl Grey, however, often town halls advertise them, so check with yours?

vampirequeen Mon 24-Nov-14 21:12:40

Tea dances are brilliant. We go to them as often as we can. People are always friendly and usually you get a decent cup of tea and biscuits or a piece of cake.

If you let me know what part of the country you're in, I'll see if I can find out what's going on in your area.

tyos Mon 24-Nov-14 23:47:17

well it does seem that there is a thumbs up, in the direction of Tea dancing.

glammanana Tue 25-Nov-14 11:44:27

It seems very popular with some of my neighbours they have a couple of different venues they can go to and enjoy an afternoon dancing.

sally345 Sun 28-Jun-15 21:56:12

Wish I knew of a tea dance in my area Torbay South Devon, they sound a great way of having fun and meeting new people anyone from my area please get in touch would love to hear from you if you go to tea dances.

janeainsworth Sun 28-Jun-15 23:52:30

www.englishriviera.co.uk/things-to-do/english-riviera-ballroom-and-sequence-dancing-p1501623
There's a lot of ballroom/sequence dancing in your area, Sally.
The link above includes at least two tea dances!

Teetime Mon 29-Jun-15 09:07:10

I thought the Ritz still had them. They have them here in the Age UK Day centre!!!hmm

sally345 Wed 01-Jul-15 18:13:18

Janeainsworth. Thank you for the information on tea dances in my area will look it up and make inquiries do you live in the same area?

janeainsworth Wed 01-Jul-15 18:43:33

No unfortunately I live in Northumberland, Sally.
But I'm sure you'll find a warm welcome!

sally345 Thu 02-Jul-15 15:12:06

Janeainsworth. Lovely to hear from you i see you live in Northumberland Jane it sounds a lovely place i imagine it to be countrified with rolling hills and national parks (probably completely wrong but it does sound lovely)
Do you go on the forum every day then ? How long have you been on Gransnet? Ive just started. been ill with leukemia and needed something to do to pass away the recovery time so my son got me going on the forum. Do you have children and grand children Jane?
Love to hear from you again it's nice to chat.
Take care speak soon byeeeeesmile

janeainsworth Thu 02-Jul-15 18:35:17

Hi Sally, Yes I'm afraid I'm addicted to Gransnet, I hardly miss a day, and you'll probably find you're the same after a little while!
Welcome to Gransnet smile
Take your time looking at the different threads, some are nicer than others, but if you want to get to know other Gransnetters look for the thread about Soop's kitchen as everyone is always kind and friendly in there.
Yes Northumberland has everything - beautiful beaches, lovely walking country and a great city too. But I like the West Country too!
I hope your recovery goes well - you must feel as though your life has been turned upside down, but I hope you get your strength back soon and can put it all behind you flowers

vampirequeen Thu 02-Jul-15 19:40:33

Google ...Rod's 1940s calendar. It will show you what's available throughout the country.

sally345 Fri 03-Jul-15 13:03:19

Janeainsworth. Lovely to hear from you will check out Soops kitchen and see if i can chat to someone there. I'm already becoming addicted to Gransnet it really takes you out of yourself. Yes Northumberland sounds just how i imagined it to be ,haven't traveled much I'm afraid so don't know the county at all, but south Devon and Torbay in particular is lovely they call it the English Riviera, (guess it's because we have a lot of palm trees.) They are building a new motorway through from Newton Abbot costing millions because we have such a lot of holiday makers coming down in the summer time the roads get blocked with traffic jams , it will be good when it's finished in another year or too but going to Newton abbot( the nearest market town) is murder at the moment with all the road works you have to keep your wits about you lol Have you been down hear at all? Where do you like to go for your holidays? Well thanks for answering my message lovely to hear from you again. Keep in touch .Speak soon Byeeee sallysmile

janeainsworth Sat 04-Jul-15 13:31:27

I've sent you a PM Sally - check your inbox smile

sally345 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:15:52

HI Jane have answered your pm.Thank you have looked at your blog think it's great smile

HomeInstead123 Wed 02-Mar-16 15:01:18

Hello, there is a Tea Dance event held at the Nightingale Centre in Warley Brentwood (Essex) every month. The next one will be held on 5th April. The number to call for tickets (£3) is 01277 215151