Gransnet forums

Discount codes/offers

Bonmarche

(24 Posts)
Nonu Sat 12-Apr-14 15:32:39

I know some do like them and some don"t like them , that is by the by.
For those that do, in this month"s newsletter I notice there is a promotion going that allows you 15% off a £35 spend .
not bad eh, I might get myself down there and see if there is anything I like !!
smilesmile

merlotgran Sat 12-Apr-14 15:38:50

I used to buy my mother's clothes at Bonmarche and was so impressed with the bargains I started buying their T shirts and jeans. They no longer have a fuddy duddy image. Their pyjamas are great as well.

Ana Sat 12-Apr-14 15:47:58

I bought a gorgeous jacket from there a couple of years ago - you just have to keep an eye out for the stylish stuff. Some of their tops are not at all to my taste, and the jeans aren't long enough for me.

Charleygirl Sat 12-Apr-14 15:51:38

I agree, sometimes when I visit I think OMG but I have bought some stylish tops and all of my night dresses were bought there.

POGS Sat 12-Apr-14 16:11:55

Nonu

Bought a few bit's Friday.

There is 20% of for a £20 spend in the shops, plus club card stamped.

I like Bonmarche, it suits me fine as they don't think everybody is 6' tall. Decent quality too.

Nonu Sat 12-Apr-14 16:37:03

ANA ANA , how tall are you then ??
POGS was that just a one day special or is it "Running", I must admit I have seen rather a nice top I have my eye on , I think they cater to ladies of "Une certain" age very well . When they say a certain size that is the size it is
I rather like that David Emmanuel stuff as well !

It is not all embroidered cardi"s , and all sold for a Fair price

I can"t go now, as it is Curry Night and have to start preparing my mushroom rice , channa dahl , etc.

smileS to all

Ana Sat 12-Apr-14 16:40:02

Nonu, I am 5'7" - hardly a giant! grin

I do need a 32-33" leg in jeans and trousers, though.

Nonu Sat 12-Apr-14 16:45:57

I agree , hardly a giant .
I am I think 5,5 nowadays , shrunk a bit , although have to say I never feel particulary short. 29" is about my good length.
The mushrooms and chick peas are calling, may see you later .
x

glammanana Sat 12-Apr-14 16:48:20

Nonu I like the David Emmanuel line as well specially his blouses that go well with jeans they are just that wee bit different to your everyday top,I have a couple I bought a few years ago and they are as good as new always wash well and have kept their colour.
I'm doing chicken curry to-night and basmati rice but I must admit I bought in the nann bread from my uneventful visit to Morrisons but thats another story.hmm

Nonu Sat 12-Apr-14 17:46:11

XX GLAM

tiggypiro Sat 12-Apr-14 19:19:16

I bought my wedding dress in Bonmarche in 1970. Cost £12 which was a bargain even then !

Ana Sat 12-Apr-14 19:26:09

Was that abroad, tiggypiro? It's only been going in this country since 1982.

tiggypiro Sat 12-Apr-14 19:29:33

No Ana it was in Gloucester - I'm sure it was Bonmarche. Anyone remember Gloucester in 1970 and tell me if I remember correctly ?

Ana Sat 12-Apr-14 19:40:15

Sorry, I got that wrong!

'Bon Marché was founded in England in 1878. It was modelled on a Parisian store of the same name and featured fashions, perfumes, and accessories from France There were Bon Marché locations in cities around England, each of which appears to have had an independent history.'

It seems the Gloucester Bon Marché is now Debenhams.

Nelliemoser Sat 12-Apr-14 19:47:29

Tiggypiro There was indeed a Bonmarche in Gloucester in 1966/7 at least. I was working there then and remember it well.

Nelliemoser Sat 12-Apr-14 19:51:59

Bon Marche is worth a look but I do wish they would not do so many embroidered tops. I would buy far more from them if they were plain.

Ana 5'7" is tall to me at 5'1". wink

tiggypiro Sat 12-Apr-14 20:14:05

I am so pleased that my memory, on this occasion at least, did not let me down.
Now what did I go upstairs for .......?

Ana Sat 12-Apr-14 20:16:19

Nellie, I know I was considered 'tall' at school, but these days there seem to be so many more very tall young women!

TAB12 Sat 12-Apr-14 21:35:40

Nonu only today I used a voucher to get half price sky for a year, vouchers are great if they do what it says on the tinsmile

POGS Sat 12-Apr-14 22:22:27

Nonu

I don't know when it stops but the 'stamped card' is redeem by 21/06/14.

As I said I purchased goods last Friday and it was still going Saturday.

nonotagran21 Fri 18-Jul-14 23:00:09

I have found a couple of nice tops in there-very up to date and not old fashioned. I wish that I had known there was a voucher code!!

samsmith2016 Mon 18-Jul-16 09:35:12

I used this Discount codes bonmarche 10% it went well
www.e-voucher-code.co.uk/discountcodes/bonmarche.html

rubylady Tue 19-Jul-16 07:46:46

I've been looking tonight for some trousers which only have a narrow waistband and loose as my stomach is very sore at times and the tighter waistband hurts. I can't just buy bigger ones like the ones I have because then there would be too much material in the leg. But I can't find any at Bon Marche neither although I did find some nice sleeveless t shirts which would go under my kaftans. I want my clothes loose and not restrictive while I go through this dreadful menopause as fitted clothes drive me mad.

I do buy my nightwear from here though, or from Edinburgh Wool Mill at the garden centre near me. Lovely cotton nightdresses. smile

loopylou Tue 19-Jul-16 09:45:53

I bought two beautiful silk mix jumpers in the sale, very pleased with them at £8 each.