Gransnet forums

Discount codes/offers

Does anyone have discounts for beauty products? like anti-aging cream and etc..

(22 Posts)
miya123 Fri 20-Aug-21 08:39:08

I am looking for cosmetics for my face. I think additional care will not be superfluous. I am looking for budget but effective facial care cosmetics. Does anyone know some good brands?

ElaineI Fri 20-Aug-21 08:51:14

Some Aldi creams are ok. Not expensive so you can try and if don't suit then doesn't break the bank. M&S sometimes have 20% off beauty products. Supermarkets sometimes have money off Olay and Oreal. I never buy expensive creams as that's all they are and always get ones with money off in places mentioned above.

DiscoGran Fri 20-Aug-21 09:25:31

Barry, I think your fancy creams might be giving you spots. Try something Simple and unperfumed, works for me.

NotAGran55 Fri 20-Aug-21 09:29:10

This question comes up time and time again on the Mumsnet & Beauty forum .

The overwhelming number of recommendations always come for Aldi and Superdrug own brands , which are cruelty free,
I can vouch for the SD Vitamin E range of face products.

Then there is always Nivea Soft and Nivea Blue tin not far behind , which I use . Often on offer in the supermarkets.

BigBertha1 Fri 20-Aug-21 09:30:32

Nivea and Boots own are pretty good and Boots have lots of offers plus you get loyalty points.

PinkCosmos Fri 20-Aug-21 09:37:23

Nivea Q10 was half price in one of the supermarkets this week. Asda or Tesco I think. Should be £11. I buy a couple when I see it on offer.

I have heard that the Aldi Lacura range is good but I haven't tried it.

Marydoll Fri 20-Aug-21 09:48:53

Have you tried Feel Unique? They have a 20% discount code with GLOWUP20

Also Look Fantastic have 15% off first order.

Sorry ahven't got time to do the links.

BarryKok reported as spam.

Maggiemaybe Fri 20-Aug-21 09:49:04

I always buy on special offer - there are always good deals to be had at the supermarkets and high street chemists. For moisturisers I like L’Oréal Rosy Glow best (mixed with a white cream as it can be a bit too rosy), No 7 or Q10, Nivea or Aldi. I second the Superdrug range as well.

Or persuade a daughter to join up to Beauty Pie, and get some lovely treats very cheaply, as I do. smile

FannyCornforth Fri 20-Aug-21 11:25:10

Maggiemaybe I have just been looking at beauty pie on your recommendation.
Are the products really that good? As in, do they compare favourably to the usual L’Oréal type stuff?
I’m seriously dithering about joining!
Thank you smile

Borrheid55 Fri 20-Aug-21 11:32:42

Avon does sample size products. It used to be that the rep would add a couple free to your order but you can buy the samples now on the website starting at 50p! Avon.co.uk - the skin products always get good reviews and are considerably cheaper than the High street.

jaylucy Fri 20-Aug-21 11:33:43

I am currently using a moisturiser from Primark !
I have really sensitive skin, so was a bit wary, but from their Gentle range with apparently rose oil and vitamin E in it, I think it's fab ! £2 for a fairly large pot, worth a try. A 500ml bottle of Micellar water for cleansing at the same price also good.
Poundland also have a pretty decent range of skincare at surprisingly £1 each too.
Also try the online company Notino that have a large range of branded products at discounted prices.

Maggiemaybe Fri 20-Aug-21 12:09:17

FannyCornforth, DD2 joined on the recommendation of Sali Hughes from the Guardian, who's her beauty guru. smile She says she's liked everything she's bought. I've only had the Plantastic overnight oil and the Japanfusion serum so far, but I'm hoping and hinting for more. They were both really good. I've got dry skin that needs a lot of boosting.

I'm not sure about the reviews on the site, though - I'm always a bit dubious when everyone hands out 4 and 5 stars.... Or maybe the products are that good.

Maggiemaybe Fri 20-Aug-21 12:13:20

Another one I'd like to recommend, that I came across in lockdown when Amazon was my go to store - Victoria Beauty Hyaluron Anti-Wrinkle Cream with Licorice Extract for Mature Skin. It's only about £6. It's got a clever little dispensing top as well, so you don't use too much.

Blossoming Fri 20-Aug-21 13:00:58

Money Saving Expert has a lot of coupon codes and latest deals. I’m signed up to their weekly ‘Money Tips’ email.

tinyurl.com/ynwduha9

Gabrielle56 Tue 31-Aug-21 10:15:51

ElaineI

Some Aldi creams are ok. Not expensive so you can try and if don't suit then doesn't break the bank. M&S sometimes have 20% off beauty products. Supermarkets sometimes have money off Olay and Oreal. I never buy expensive creams as that's all they are and always get ones with money off in places mentioned above.

Just thrown caution to the wind and bought Aldi daydream factor 30 and night cream(lush!)
Honest report?: It feels smells and looks and works identically o the lancome £65.99 /50ml jar is used to use! Aldi price for each? £6 !!!!! I cannot recommend enough!

M0nica Tue 31-Aug-21 10:35:12

No cream can stop you aging. f For most people a good cheap moisteriser is all you need.

glammanana Tue 31-Aug-21 10:42:04

I have been using the Simple range for a few years now and Superdrugs Dry Skin moisturiser all very good my skin is so soft and wrinkle free,any of the other ranges make my skin red and blotchy including all the Nivea range I had a terrible reaction so Simple for me all the time.

JaneJudge Tue 31-Aug-21 10:51:11

M&S are always having offers on their beauty ranges and they are all pretty good

orgestdemiri5690 Mon 01-Aug-22 12:29:56

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Georgesgran Mon 01-Aug-22 15:59:22

I tried the Rosy Glow stuff and it looked like I’d put brick dust on my face, it was very rosy indeed.
I buy what’s on offer when I need skincare - I think it doesn’t matter what you buy, the secret is to actually use it.

twinnytwin Mon 01-Aug-22 16:08:09

Reported

Vintagenonna Fri 12-Aug-22 15:23:38

Best advice I was given was to use vaseline.

A thick layer smeared over the mirror in the morning and you can get on with your day in peace, feeling as beautiful was you want to.