Gransnet forums

Food

Maggi

(15 Posts)
numberplease Fri 11-Jan-13 17:55:29

Does anyone know where I can buy Maggi soup? When I finished working just over 20 years ago, I was a canteen assistant, and the soup we used was Maggi. The only place in those days where I could buy it locally was at a small microwave shop in town, but they closed down years ago. I`m finding it very hard to buy a soup that I like, and have fond memories of the soup at work.

Marelli Fri 11-Jan-13 18:01:13

number, I'm sure I saw 'Maggi' on a packet of something in Poundstretchers the other day. It may not have been soup, though. It caught my eye, because it was the old familiar packet and I hadn't seen it for ages!

numberplease Fri 11-Jan-13 18:03:38

Marelli, Asda do Maggi ready meals, maybe that`s what you saw? But I`ll look in Poundstretcher when I`m in town next, I never connect them with food.

grannyactivist Fri 11-Jan-13 18:07:26

Can't do a link from my iPad, but type maggi.co.uk into a google search, scroll down to bottom of their page and click on 'where to buy'. smile

Marelli Fri 11-Jan-13 18:08:54

It was the other day, though, and I was in there looking for a bird feeder! They do foods as well - tins, biscuits, etc!

glassortwo Fri 11-Jan-13 21:45:26

number I have put a link on for you but I dont think I can see soup but I may have missed it.

maggi.co.uk/About-Maggi/

kittylester Fri 11-Jan-13 22:32:04

Try Amazon, I can get GF stuff from there that nobody else stocks.

merlotgran Fri 11-Jan-13 22:43:31

Your local Cash and Carry. If you don't have a ticket you could try chatting up your nearest pub landlord. wink

numberplease Sat 12-Jan-13 23:27:49

Thank you eveeryone. You`re right Glass, soup isn`t on there, maybe they don`t make soup anymore?
Can`t really chat up pub landlords Merlot, we don`t go in pubs.

numberplease Sat 12-Jan-13 23:41:13

I`ve been back onto the website and emailed them, hopefully they`ll enlighten me.

Marelli Sun 13-Jan-13 08:41:45

I'll try and remember to have a look in Poundstretchers next time I'm in town. If they've got them, I'll send you some. smile

numberplease Sun 13-Jan-13 17:20:33

I found some on Amazon, but only 2 flavours, and in large tubs at just over £26 a pop, so will forego that, I want a few different ones, not just the one, it could get a bit expensive as it`s only for me.

numberplease Mon 14-Jan-13 16:40:35

Had a reply from Nestle, they say that they can`t tell me where I can buy it, as they only really supply catering people, but that Asda may have it in their foreign foods section. I can`t find it online though. Ah well............

jeni Mon 14-Jan-13 16:48:16

Can someone please tell me why I can't order preserved lemons or fresh ginger from waitrose when I know they stock them.
And why can't I buy a half neck fillet of lamb?

numberplease Mon 14-Jan-13 21:31:24

I can`t order dripping online from Asda, but they sell it. If I put it into their search engine it brings up non-drip paint!