Gransnet forums

Food

I've already roasted a chicken this morning for tonight ...

(7 Posts)
Grannyknot Mon 17-Nov-14 09:50:52

(busy day so we did some advance planning) - shall I put it in the fridge once it is cool or is it okay to leave it out the fridge but in a cool place until it is time to reheat it at around 7 p.m.?

Gagagran Mon 17-Nov-14 09:52:55

In the fridge once cool without a doubt.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 17-Nov-14 09:53:14

It would be fine left out covered in a cool place if you were going to eat it all later, cold. But for later reheating, definitely fridge. Just out of interest, how will you reheat it?

Riverwalk Mon 17-Nov-14 10:13:21

In the fridge.

I reheat chicken by letting it simmer in the gravy - jointed or sliced - doesn't dry out as it can if you put it back in the oven.

Grannyknot Mon 17-Nov-14 10:15:49

jings probably in the oven again - jointed. For about half an hour at 180 degrees.

Okay thanks everyone, in the fridge it goes. Hopefully it will be cooled down by the time I have to leave the house!

Teetime Mon 17-Nov-14 14:05:47

Oh yes the fridge asap. I only reheat chicken in a stir fry at blast furnace heat but then I've had Campylobacter and don't want it again even tough I did lose a stone. Also important to get the meat of the carcase if you are going to have the remains over a few days,

Charleygirl Mon 17-Nov-14 14:18:25

Always, always in the fridge, summer or winter. May I ask why you cook it so soon?