Gransnet forums

Food

Halogen ovens

(7 Posts)
lundylinda Mon 25-Jan-16 18:29:21

I've seen TV demonstrations using halogen ovens. Does anyone have one? And if so, would you recommend them? Apparently they make nice crispy roast potatoes.

NanaandGrampy Mon 25-Jan-16 19:25:41

We've had 2 in the last 10 years. Love them!! I'd give up my oven before my halogen. Meat does exceptionally well in them. Our current one has an extender ring meaning we can actually cook a large chicken in it.

Bacon and sausages are fab! We've cooked a full meal in it with potatoes in the bottom, parsnips in the middle , chops on top . I believe you can even bake a cake in it but never tried that.

Cleaning is a doddle, 1 inch of soapy water , switch on, cleans itself, just needs a rinse and dry smile

Enjoy!

mcem Mon 25-Jan-16 19:36:46

After I asked that same question a year or two back, I had lots of good advice here.
I bought one and wouldn't be without it . I rarely use my full oven now and am happy to switch it on to cook small meals like DGCs fish fingers.pp
I have tried a cake and it was fine.

Gagagran Mon 25-Jan-16 20:07:30

Love mine too and use it every day - in preference to my big oven. It's ideal for the two of us and there are demos on YouTube if you want to see how they work.

Coolgran65 Mon 25-Jan-16 20:28:48

I was given mine by someone who had never even used it.
It's excellent.

MiniMouse Mon 25-Jan-16 20:51:00

Brilliant! I used mine practically every day and only stopped because my new cooker has a top oven.

If you look through old threads, you'll find one with loads of posts on it, which may be helpul smile

Willow500 Tue 26-Jan-16 13:43:30

Yes I've had 2 and use it on an almost daily basis. Cooks much quicker than the conventional oven as you don't have to preheat but also is great for cheese on toast or other quick snacks. Plus you don't have to clean the oven!!