Gransnet forums

Food

Today's pasta recipes

(17 Posts)
cc Mon 06-Feb-17 15:06:27

Interesting that the blurb at the start of the recipes extolled the virtues of "whole grain pasta" yet the recipe pictures look pretty much like the normal refined white stuff! Personally I have tried and rejected whole grain stuff pasta, much preferring good quality white pasta.

For us pasta isn't something that we eat all the time, and personally I don't think that eating white pasta a couple of times a week is a sin - particularly if the sauce contains lots of lovely veg along with meat and/or low-fat cheese.

I remember hearing a nutritionist on the TV recently talking about pasta, and she said that re-heating cold pasta made it lower on the Glycemic Index - i.e. reheated pasta takes longer to digest, so keeping blood sugar levels more even and keeping you full for longer.

Mair Wed 08-Feb-17 14:22:11

I like wholegrain with some and white with others, has to be Napoli though. Wholegrain much better with a tomato sauce, white with bolognese, either with salmon, wholegrain with a baked pasta smoked haddock and veg dish I make.

VictorB Sun 02-Apr-17 03:28:38

Much glad to know about this recipe. Thank you so much. I will try this at home. lol

MawBroon Sun 02-Apr-17 09:58:49

confused

felice Sun 02-Apr-17 10:11:02

Umm, what recipe ?????????????

GrandmaMoira Sun 02-Apr-17 10:12:23

Whilst I try to eat whole grain, I like brown bread and rice, but really not keen on brown pasta. Also, there's very little choice.

Maggiemaybe Sun 02-Apr-17 10:20:02

I like whole grain pasta as much as white - I don't really see a difference tbh. Perhaps it's age-related (isn't everything? grin).

Elegran Sun 02-Apr-17 11:04:46

felice I've noticed elsewhere that that poster tends to reply to the title, not the posts.

Deedaa Sun 02-Apr-17 21:44:24

Reheating works with other starches like rice and potatoes. As far as I remember it needs to be cooled to below 30c and not heated up too much or the starch will be released again.

absent Sun 02-Apr-17 22:22:38

Reheated pasta? The stuff of nightmares.

rosesarered Sun 02-Apr-17 23:38:43

Oh, came on to get new pasta recipes! ( goes out again.)

Izabella Mon 03-Apr-17 10:56:30

I wish ........ As a T2 diabetic in remission pasta is a definite no no. I do miss it. We used to make our own at one time.

maninonline Thu 19-Sep-19 12:52:00

Hey guys, this is Viljami tai Niko

Preparing the best pasta can be really difficult at first. It was almost impossible for us to master how to do it without proper step-by-step tutorial from the professional chefs.

I have watched hundreds of tutorials online, but nothing beats this simple, clear-to-the-cut video here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhKDweME3A&t=1shttps://dausel.co/api?api=KtDgDBV3X9I6&d=y&type=interstitial&url=LONGURLTOBESHORTENED.com
Click the link above, and you´ll land on an intermediate page, just click “I am not a robot” to continue, and you´ll land on the best Youtube Tutorial video on pasta cooking where it shows step-by-step on how to prepare al-dente pasta even if you´re a complete beginner.

I hope that someone show me this when I first learning how to prepare my first pasta dish. That could save me hours and hours of banging my head on the wall, trying different methods out.

Again, you can watch the tutorial here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhKDweME3A&t=1shttps://dausel.co/api?api=KtDgDBV3X9I6&d=y&type=interstitial&url=LONGURLTOBESHORTENED.com

I´m almost 100% sure this tutorial is going to blow your mind away.

I am a big fan of this chef and he makes it ridiculously easy! No joke.

Hope it helps smile

Niko tai Viljami

KnightApril Sun 20-Oct-19 11:10:43

I know one interesting recipe of Vegan Pasta!
INGREDIENTS:
1 medium brown onion
1 – 2 cloves of garlic
2 – 3 sticks celery
1 large carrot
1 large or 2 small zucchini (courgettes)
half a small capsicum. Green or red is fine. (This is a pepper for my US readers)
1 bottle store-bought passata sauce (see notes below).
olive oil for cooking

KnightApril Sun 20-Oct-19 11:11:01

Here - oneperfectdayblog.net/pasta-sauce/

ccamelia Tue 19-Nov-19 02:51:36

Hey guys, this is Cynthia
Preparing the best pasta can be really difficult at first. It was almost impossible for us to master how to do it without proper step-by-step tutorial from the professional chefs.

I’ve watched hundreds of tutorials online, but nothing beats this simple, clear-to-the-cut video here: dausel.co/swIWJs

Click the link above, and you’ll land on an intermediate page, just click “I’m not a robot” to continue, and you’ll land on the best Youtube Tutorial video on pasta cooking where it shows step-by-step in how to prepare al-dente pasta even if you’re a beginner.

I hope that someone show me this when I first learning how to prepare my first pasta dish. That could save me hours of banging my head on the wall, trying different methods out.

Again, you can watch the tutorial here: dausel.co/swIWJs

I’m almost 100% sure this tutorial is going to blow your mind away.
I am a big fan of this chef and he makes it ridiculously easy! No joke.

Hope it helps smile
Cynthia

yessir04 Tue 10-Mar-20 10:28:04

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.