Gransnet forums

Food

I knew it would be risky......

(16 Posts)
Kateykrunch Sat 02-Sep-17 13:21:08

I am proud to say, those crisps lasted 2 weeks and others were involved in eating them. It has been so lovely to hear from all you crisp fans, now, just off to shops, we have no crisps in!

shysal Sat 02-Sep-17 12:08:48

I love a ham sandwich with ready salted crisps in it - for breakfast!

Imperfect27 Sat 02-Sep-17 09:30:29

By the by - I was talking to a friend about the 'hidden' calories in alcohol yesterday. I would hesitate, I am sure, if you showed me a plate of food that had 1000 calories on it that I didn't need, but open a bottle of prosecco and ...

My 'guilty' pleasure is definitely biscuits. Simply not buying them at present. I do have a will of iron ...iron filings! ;grin]

hildajenniJ Sat 02-Sep-17 09:23:42

Oh, I don't know Alima, I saw a recipe the other day that I'm longing to try, but dare not! For everyone who loves crisps, peanuts and chocolate here it is. Oh, temptation. ??

Alima Sat 02-Sep-17 09:01:55

Sacrilege Stansgran!

Stansgran Sat 02-Sep-17 08:56:35

There's a recipe in the guardian for rice crispy cake with five mars bars. Sorry back to crisps.

Alima Sat 02-Sep-17 08:51:26

No willpower Katey! I have started buying my Mars Bars in bulk on line. 144 at a time, they last 144 days. Saves loads. (Before anyone asks the 265 calories are factored into the daily intake).

Greyduster Sat 02-Sep-17 08:36:55

Me too! I adore plain crisps and can't leave them alone. So I don't buy them sad. When I was working I would eat a couple of packets a day, and since I retired I have had to wean myself off them. I usually buy a pack when GS is coming to stay, but I send the the packs he doesn't eat home with DD so that I do not fall on them and devour them as soon as he is out the door!!

Maggiemaybe Sat 02-Sep-17 08:24:16

DH always saves me from myself. He's a very good cook and the sort of irritating person who'll take one chocolate from a box and close the lid. Ditto one crisp from a pack. If I'm on my own I can happily graze on junk all day long, and those crisps would be the first to go.

Christinefrance Sat 02-Sep-17 08:23:56

I'm glad I share my guilty secret with others, just love crisps ( and chocolate ) smile

Oldwoman70 Sat 02-Sep-17 08:13:01

So glad I am not the only one who risks pigging out on crisps! On my bad days I have had several bags instead of eating a proper meal! blush

Auntieflo Sat 02-Sep-17 07:26:42

A week ago, T...o had several big bags of Tyrells crisps in one of those end of line bins. So I bought 6 packets of 5, as they were only 18 p per bag. So I got all those for less than I would have spent on the usual multi pack bag. Bargain, and they were well in date.

Imperfect27 Fri 01-Sep-17 23:54:09

A wise buy Katey - always a big saving to buy big ... This from a woman who did not buy any biscuits at all this week as when they are in the house I eat them for breakfast! grin

overthehill Fri 01-Sep-17 23:49:40

Always buy the huge packets. I like Walker's meaty ones. DH and I have a bag between us each day with our lunch

vampirequeen Sun 13-Aug-17 14:47:16

Well I don't expect them to last 5 weeks but you'll enjoy eating them so it was a good buy.

Kateykrunch Sun 13-Aug-17 14:20:13

To buy a box of 30 packets of crisps as they were 'on offer' with the expectation that they would last at least 5 weeks. I had 2 packs yesterday! I love crisps and if I lived alone I would eat them instead of meals lol.