Gransnet forums

Food

Am watching as I write

(6 Posts)
jollyg Sun 10-Sep-17 11:52:00

The Simon Rimmer.cook/ chat show.C4 This AM

What a self important prat he is. Manspreading, Upstaged by Johnny Vegas, and all
his trite phrases as, wonderful tasty, sorry I forget the rest , they are so formulaicic.

His cooking is boring as he is.

Best bit is Johnny Vegas, my favourite presenter a great .

debunker

JV should be on telly more often.

Also on as the Venerable Jeremy Vine, complete with shirt with full sleeves, another overpaid BBC incompetent.

Hope you dont confuse the 2 JVs Jonny Vegaswins by a mile

tiredoldwoman Sun 10-Sep-17 12:00:50

I'm watching it too , usually I'm amused by Johnny Vegas but today he's loud, unfunny and revolted me when he ate the huge Yorkshire pudding . I even looked up their website to complain and I'm not a complainer !

Ailsa43 Sun 10-Sep-17 13:54:58

I'm sorry I cannot stand Johnny Vegas, he's replulsive to me..

I raelly have no views on Simon Rimmer, tbh , I haven't watched him enough to know him.. but I saw he is a member of the new celebrity dancers on Strictly , and he said he has 9 restaurants and has written 5 books, I suppose to be as successful as that there has to a bit of ruthlessness in you..

DanniRae Sun 10-Sep-17 14:13:38

Well jollyg you don't live up to your name, do you? wink

Eloethan Sun 10-Sep-17 16:47:14

DanniRe smile

Apart from seeing him on Strictly last night, I haven't seen Simon Rimmer on TV before so, as yet, have no views on him.

I'm not keen on Johnny Vegas - I find him loud and overbearing.

paddyann Sun 10-Sep-17 21:25:09

I love Sunday Brunch and Simon Rimmer ,its a good fun and informative start to a Sunday AND it usually has some great music..whats not to like .Johnny Vegas is Johnny Vegas ,he can be very funny but can hold a serious conversation when needed,he's been on SB a few times as presenter and he makes me smile .In my opinion its one of the better magazine type shows on TV ,far better than Saturday Kitchen or This Morning