Gransnet forums

Food

James Martin new show

(9 Posts)
Shirleyw Sat 16-Sep-17 10:03:12

...on itv. Am watching it as I type ?. I like him and stopped watching Saturday kitchen after he left as imo had its day. This new programme seems ok but thought the summer fruit choux he made was put together in a mess and that Mc'hutchin woman keep saying how lovely itwas looking lol.....

Marydoll Sat 16-Sep-17 10:17:00

Oh, I didn't know he had a new show, what channel is it on?

Shirleyw Sat 16-Sep-17 10:52:00

Itv

merlotgran Sat 16-Sep-17 10:54:24

I don't like the dark grey décor. Is it a set or his own kitchen? It seems too 'closed in' after Saturday Kitchen where at least people have room to move around.

I like James Martin but I'm really not sure about this new programme.

Agree about the fruit choux. Why on earth didn't he remove the stalks?

Day6 Sat 16-Sep-17 11:06:25

Cannot say I am a huge fan of James Martin. He has (imo) become really arrogant. His manner seems slightly brusque too.

I saw a bit of it last week, and have to say it was like the "Yorkshire" show. He made reference to being from Yorkshire SO many times and he had his sidekick chef friend with him (his name escapes me) who is also from Yorkshire. Everything they did, because it was "how they did it in Yorkshire" was better than any other method.

It became tiresome. (I am 'northern' and have two very good friends who are smashing Yorkshire people btw. I have no gripes with the county but JM going on and on and on about it as though he as on a higher plane really got on my nerves.)

Anyone else notice this? Martin has become a bit of a smug turn-off.

merlotgran Sat 16-Sep-17 11:41:29

I agree, Day6 I'm married to a Yorkshireman and even he gets fed up with it.

kittylester Sat 16-Sep-17 15:27:55

I love James Martin and think Saturday Kitchen has suffered since he left but I don't like this new programme either.

KatyK Sat 16-Sep-17 18:06:25

I too love James Martin. We are watching the repeats of his French trip following in Keith Floyd's footsteps. His new programme on a Saturday morning is uninspiring.

Moocow Sat 16-Sep-17 18:37:18

Saturday kitchen makes me laugh how they talk from a distance at the start, most amusing! Never rated him that much, easy to listen to but food always been a bit 'why?!' And more so now.