Gransnet forums

Food

Eggs !

(8 Posts)
tiredoldwoman Fri 16-Feb-18 07:38:10

I decided to go back on the LCHF diet , I lost lots of weight on it last year but some of it's gone back on .Fried eggs for breakfast feels naughty but nice . But twice this week I've vomited as I've been scoffing them - pure horror !
They were from 2 different boxes from different shops .
Has anyone else suddenly taken an aversion to eggs after a lifetime of eating them ?

kittylester Fri 16-Feb-18 07:54:29

Yes!!

I'm fine with a really well cooked omelette but can't manage fried or boiled eggs which used to be my go to lunch.

Each time I've been pregnant I have been unable to stomach eggs but the last time I was pregnant was 30 years ago.

merlotgran Fri 16-Feb-18 09:35:48

I can no longer eat eggs for breakfast. Hard boiled or an omelette is OK for lunch and I can eat fried or poached eggs for supper but definitely not the first meal of the day.

I wonder why this is after a lifetime of being able to eat eggs at any time?

Craicon Fri 16-Feb-18 12:35:04

Are you eating organic eggs or ordinary supermarket eggs?
My husband developed an aversion to eggs after Chemo but we now have our own small flock of 5 chickens and he can tolerate their eggs perfectly well. He particularly enjoys boiled eggs with a salad or as a sandwich filling.

Fennel Fri 16-Feb-18 13:07:13

I also seemed to develop an allergy to eggs when I was in my 60s. Especially for breakfast, they caused bloating and lots of gas.
Now I can manage one or two at lunchtime with no problems (I'll be 82 in a couple of weeks hmm) But daren't risk it in the evening.
We keep hens and they're laying well at the moment so the eggs are delicious.

kittylester Fri 16-Feb-18 13:45:00

It's not the eggs as such - so not physical - more a sudden psychological reaction.

Mine are farm eggs.

MawBroon Fri 16-Feb-18 13:48:26

Could be the frying, not the eggs.
Reflux, liver disease, diverticulosis/isis could all cause revulsion or a reaction to anything fried.

Welshwife Fri 16-Feb-18 15:25:43

Ever since I was pregnant the first time (50+ years) I have not been able to stand the smell of eggs first thing in the morning particularly boiled ones. Later in the day I am fine but my preferred way of cooking is poached.