Gransnet forums

Food

Bun Tins?

(9 Posts)
angelah Sun 10-Jun-18 09:35:31

There is a recipe for iced queen cakes in my paper today . I have been looking for STRAIGHT sided bun tins for ages, have now got 4 trays of muffin tins, thinking my newer purchases were smaller each time! Anyone know who makes one?Lakeland Mary Berry bun tin comes up as muffin sized tins. cupcake

shysal Sun 10-Jun-18 11:08:57

This Paul Hollywood one has 2 inch wide, I inch deep holes.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paul-Hollywood-Bakeware-Non-Stick-12-Hole-Mince-Pie-Fairy-Cake-Tin-Sheet/131871972720?epid=1676729590&hash=item1eb42e9d70:g:frUAAOSw10harFDB

shysal Sun 10-Jun-18 11:13:16

Sorry, just looked at the above item, and the extra photos show different shapes but no choice given, so you would have to contact the seller to be sure.

Marydoll Mon 11-Jun-18 07:27:04

www.amazon.co.uk/MasterClass-12-Hole-Non-Stick-Shallow-Baking/dp/B000FU8DP4/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=fairy+cake+tins&tag=gransnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1528698149&sr=8-2

These are fairy cake tins. Is that what you are looking for?

NfkDumpling Mon 11-Jun-18 07:59:36

Its the word bun is the problem. They’ve ceased to exist. It’s now all fairy cakes and muffins (which definitely aren’t muffins). I determinedly ask for buns in shops. Bring back the Bun!

NfkDumpling Mon 11-Jun-18 08:00:18

And the Baked Potato. When did they turn into Jacket Potatoes?

Auntieflo Mon 11-Jun-18 08:45:58

Didn't we used to just use those little paper cake cases for fairy cakes? Put straight onto a baking sheet and filled. Now I have muffin tins that need a muffin liner, but haven't used it much lately. Oh, and rock buns are lovely and moreish.

Greyduster Mon 11-Jun-18 08:48:55

Shysal I think if I had to pay sixteen quid for a bun tin, no matter whose name it had on it (which is probably why it is so expensive hmm), I would give up making buns! Why do you specifically need it to be straight sided? I use cup cake cases (smaller than a muffin and bigger than a fairy cake) in straight sided muffin tins and it works very well.

angelah Mon 11-Jun-18 14:53:28

Thank you everyone. I shall look for the Paul Hollywood one as it looks as though it is the correct shape - small but not mini- muffin shape. Puzzled to see the third image showing a loose bottom and one of it's uses being Yorkshire Puddings! I do have fairy cake/ mince pie tins, I just want this particular look, without the mega-size of regular American style muffins. We all have our little foibles smile