Gransnet forums

Food

Homemade Lemonade -good recipe please?

(6 Posts)
seacliff Thu 14-Jun-18 06:50:38

I have a casual garden lunch to cater for, and many will be driving, so I need some refreshing non alcoholic drinks.

I fancied trying making some homemade lemonade. I have seen recipes for steeping lemon juice overnight with sugar, then adding water (or fizzy water) and ice. I think some add mint or ginger.

Also saw recipe for making it in Kenwood Chef blender, adding cut up whole lemons with rind on, and sugar and water.

It seems you dilute it, not sure how many lemons I'd need to make several jugs full?

Can anyone recommend a tried and tested recipe please? Or shall I just buy some bottles of Shloer?

Fennel Thu 14-Jun-18 11:11:04

I've made it a few times. I used whole lemons, cut up, and sugar. Cover with boiling water and leave overnight.
In the morning sqyeeze the lemons, strain the mixture, add more water, and maybe sugar, until it tastes right.
You can also make limeade the same way.

Greyduster Thu 14-Jun-18 12:05:20

Fennel that is the way my mother used to make it, and I have used it a few times.

NfkDumpling Thu 14-Jun-18 12:08:13

Thanks. I was pleased to see this come up as both my DM and DMiL made it and I couldn’t remember how. It was never written down.

seacliff Thu 14-Jun-18 21:53:23

Thanks, that sounds delicious.

Nannykay Thu 14-Jun-18 22:53:25

My mum use to make it like that, lovely on a hot summer day.

I would like to make iced tea, any recipes anyone ?