Gransnet forums

Food

New Purchase

(9 Posts)
Brunette10 Mon 25-Jun-18 16:53:41

Just felt like 'sharing' this. I bought a Piri Piri Chicken today from ALDI. Seemed so simple to cook and that's one of the reasons I fancied it. Simply put in the oven the way you bought it, 1hr 35 mins it takes to cook, let it cool obviously before dismantling it and it is absolutely delicious. Very moist and just heavenly to eat but most of all so so simple to make. I think we shall get a couple of meals from it + sandwiches too. Go on try it if you haven't already.

Oopsadaisy53 Tue 26-Jun-18 07:19:47

I must try that, I bought one the other day from Tesco’s and it was disgusting!

Greyduster Tue 26-Jun-18 07:30:59

I often buy ordinary chickens from Aldi and they are lovely, but the only time I bought one that was cook in the bag with a marinade I was very disappointed with it. I’m glad you enjoyed yours and hope you go on doing so.

annsixty Tue 26-Jun-18 08:05:12

Their fresh chickens are great as Greyduster said.
They also do two fresh chicken breasts in a leak and creamy sauce for £2:99 , just as nice as M&S and about half the price.

dionar Tue 26-Jun-18 14:45:47

I like their fresh chicken also. Will try that Piri Piri Chicken next time.

paddyann Tue 26-Jun-18 15:20:51

I buy Roasting bags and make my own versions of the ready meals .No fuss or mess and I think its probably cheaper..IF you keep herbs and spices in your larder .We hadn't bough a ready meal ..ever until very recently when OH picked up a Morrisons sweet and sour chicken ...just needed some rice to be added .OH reckons its better than the local chinese takeaway and that gets a very good reputation.Oh and a fraction of the price too .

glammanana Tue 26-Jun-18 16:52:48

They also do a sage&onion one in a bag which is delicious,we also buy their small chickens at £2.05p for poppy & oliver they have it with their dried food they are really a good size for a small chicken certainly a good buy.

Brunette10 Wed 27-Jun-18 07:15:42

Will look out for that one - thanks Annsixty!

POGS Wed 27-Jun-18 09:23:33

We like the Aldi ' Chicken With Cheese & Leek Gratin ' from the fresh chilled section too.