Gransnet forums

Food

Roast Dinner

(14 Posts)
Teetime Sun 29-Jul-18 13:27:13

Cold and miserable enough for a roast dinner today- so that's OK with me Roast Chicken for us and back to the good weather next weekend when we shall be holidaying in Kirby Lonsdale so looking for a pub lunch there- cant wait.

Chewbacca Sun 29-Jul-18 13:33:34

Us too today Teetime! First time I've cooked a roast dinner in weeks and I'm so looking forward to it!

MissAdventure Sun 29-Jul-18 13:35:18

Oh I do love a roast!
Not that I'm cooking one myself..

mcem Sun 29-Jul-18 13:45:57

Can't remember the poster but someone recommended Aldi roast in the bag chicken.
Tried it . Delicious. Passing on the recommendation with thanks!

Chewbacca Sun 29-Jul-18 13:52:30

That's exactly what I'm cooking today mcem and I can vouch for how good they are. Herb chicken, roast in the tray/bag, is delicious and moist! Good value too!

MiniMoon Sun 29-Jul-18 13:57:07

Were having cod with a herb crust, new potatoes and mixed vegetables, all fresh. To follow, I've made a peach galette. I still don't know whether to make custard to go with it. Cream or ice cream would be better, but I have neither of those and I'm not going out.

Cabbie21 Sun 29-Jul-18 13:58:03

Agreed. That is where I go for chicken.
This week though we have had a delicious rolled pork from the local butcher, with veg from my daughter’s garden. Lovely.

Pittcity Sun 29-Jul-18 14:02:02

We've been to Aldi and are having roast beef with all the trimmings this evening. Home grown courgettes which are a bit smaller than usual because of the dry weather.

Greyduster Sun 29-Jul-18 14:05:07

Plus one ?? for Aldi chicken, but we are having chicken, smoked bacon and mushroom risotto today as I have things in the fridge I need to use up before we go away, and I do love a good risotto.

Jalima1108 Sun 29-Jul-18 14:47:31

And us - for the first time for weeks!

Roast lamb, some of the veg from the garden, with fresh mint sauce.

Jalima1108 Sun 29-Jul-18 14:48:54

Our courgettes are rapidly turning into marrows Pittcity, I can't keep up with them.
Then they'll probably stop producing suddenly.

phoenix Sun 29-Jul-18 15:20:14

As when I went shopping on Friday, I thought it was going to still be hot, I planned my weekend menu with that in mind, so today it's the garlic & herb Chicken in a bag from Lidl (that seems to be at least 3 of us doing that today!) and a mountain of stir fry veg!

Still, minimum washing up, and quite healthy.

No need to shop or plan for the rest of the week, as I have a Gousto order coming tomorrow, on the half price thingy! wink

SpringyChicken Sun 29-Jul-18 17:53:35

Guess what we had for lunch? Yep, roast chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes, three veg. First roast in ages, it was heaven.

oldbatty Sun 29-Jul-18 18:13:35

ooh Kirkby Lonsdale is lovely.