Gransnet forums

Food

Help with bread maker please

(16 Posts)
jacq10 Wed 08-Aug-18 23:18:34

Would recommend Panasonic. I also have to freeze away the fresh bread or I might eat the whole loaf!! Use it a lot for pizza dough which keeps grandson happy and he does the toppings. I also freeze away some pizza dough as well which is handy when family come round unexpectedly near a meal time.

Doodle Wed 08-Aug-18 20:58:26

Ours is Panasonic. DH makes bread every other day and have used ours a lot. I think it works well.

aggie Wed 08-Aug-18 13:43:53

you are very welcome xxx

Nannymagic17 Wed 08-Aug-18 13:34:13

Thank you ladies for all your help and advice ? I have a lot to look into now and am looking forward to choosing one. I think I will post more often it’s nice and friendly here thank you? I’m not usually very good with forums ?

SueDonim Wed 08-Aug-18 13:00:12

I had a Morphy Richards but 'traded up' for a Panasonic, which is far superior. I think in this case, it's true that you get what you pay for.

Regarding dry yeast, I keep the tub in the fridge and it lasts for ages.

goldengirl Wed 08-Aug-18 11:30:31

Mine is a small one from Lakeland and I love it. I use dried yeast but found that if you don't use it for a while [quite a long while in my case] the bread doesn't rise - in fact it was a solid lump but a new tin of yeast did the trick. A good excuse to keep making bread smile

EllenT Wed 08-Aug-18 09:52:57

Another happy Panasonic Baker here. As well as the fully baked programmes we quite often use it just to make dough for rolls, buns, focaccia and so on. It does also have options for ‘french’ and ‘ciabatta’ which are nice but not quite the real thing.

chelseababy Wed 08-Aug-18 07:02:43

Ours is Morphy Richards. Charity shops often have them new or hardly used.

Marydoll Wed 08-Aug-18 06:19:54

Mine is a Panasonic, I love it!. I read lots of online reviews, before buying, as my previous one ( not Panasonic) had become unreliable.
The only thing I would say is, it has lots of
Programmes, but I tend to stick to the same two or three.

Nannymagic17 Wed 08-Aug-18 00:22:58

Thank you Farmor15 I will look at some Murphy Richards ones too. I’m so glad I asked on here you are all very helpful thank you x

Nannymagic17 Wed 08-Aug-18 00:20:58

Thank you Marydoll I will read through those comments. Very helpful ?x

Nannymagic17 Wed 08-Aug-18 00:19:51

Thank you aggie you made me laugh ?I won’t eat all mine at once either I hope ?x

Farmor15 Tue 07-Aug-18 23:48:27

I’ve had a Morphy Richards one for a few years and find it good.

Marydoll Tue 07-Aug-18 23:32:40

Try this link.
www.gransnet.com/forums/food/a1242278-Breadmaker

aggie Tue 07-Aug-18 23:30:55

I am a great fan of breadmakers, I had a few duds but love my Panasonic , not the cheapest , but it turns out a great loaf to the detriment of my waistline . I slice the bread and freeze it , so ,I don't eat it all at once smile

Nannymagic17 Tue 07-Aug-18 23:19:08

Hello smile I’ve only posted a couple of times on GN before but wanted to ask if any of you could recommend a good bread maker please?
I’m sorry if this is already a discussion on here but I couldn’t find anything.
Ive had one before but it had lots of problems and it wasn’t the easiest to use. I Prefer to use a machine as I don’t have a lot of time these days I work full time since I lost my husband last year. I’d love one that I could bake some nice tasty bread easily for when my grandchildren come over.
Thank you for reading and I’m sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong place. I’m not good on forums.