Gransnet forums

Food

Recommendations for fruit juicer please.

(12 Posts)
garnette Tue 19-Jan-21 02:54:48

garnette

*merlotgran*, we too had a similar problem with apples this year. This year we couldn't invite our kids to the garden and had to deal with the batch ourselves. And I must admit, there's nothing better than a fruit crasher and a regular press - I've almost ruined a regular juicer (a gift from my DIL) trying to squeeze 3 lbs of apples several years ago. Don't get me wrong

Oops. Sent by mistake. Yet again, don't get me wrong. Such things are great for occasional juicing - my husband and I love to have a glass of fresh orange juice in the morning - but these machines are no deal for heavy duty. Also it's such a pain to wash it after each usage - even though our Breville is marked as "easy to clean" by these guys, there are some tricky parts that are hard to clean even with a brush.

garnette Tue 19-Jan-21 02:42:48

merlotgran, we too had a similar problem with apples this year. This year we couldn't invite our kids to the garden and had to deal with the batch ourselves. And I must admit, there's nothing better than a fruit crasher and a regular press - I've almost ruined a regular juicer (a gift from my DIL) trying to squeeze 3 lbs of apples several years ago. Don't get me wrong

Auntieflo Tue 11-Aug-20 19:02:10

Merlot, now that's a proper juicer.

Will you be into cider making?

Tiwi Tue 11-Aug-20 04:50:19

I like Breville juicers too, at home I have Breville BCP600SIL it works good and it's easy to clean. By the way it looks really stylish on my kitchen grin. But my sister uses Mueller Austria Juicer Ultra She says that comparing to mine it makes juice from apples, carrots etc.
If you want here I came across a good comparison. It is clear and easy to follow.

Willie84 Fri 17-Apr-20 23:43:48

I personally use the breville juicers. Having done a lot of research it looked like one of the easiest to clean (which after a while gets tedious!)
Its great, no problems so far.
bakingreview.com/best-breville-juicers/

merlotgran Sat 15-Sep-18 12:32:03

Remember that juicer I was thinking of buying? Well, we had so many apples we bought one of these instead!! grin

merlotgran Tue 14-Aug-18 21:43:41

Thank you, everyone. I've looked at the latest Philips juicer and it seems they are dishwasher friendly.

FlexibleFriend Tue 14-Aug-18 21:20:16

It's a philips recommended by Jason Vale who got me into juicing to kick start weight loss years ago. There's obviously a newer one available as mine is a good few years old, used regularly and takes whole apples depending on size.

SpringyChicken Tue 14-Aug-18 21:13:43

We bought a juicer and recipe book.
Nothing we juiced tasted remotely as nice as bought juice. Ours was a pain to clean too.
We sold a juicer and recipe book.

FlexibleFriend Tue 14-Aug-18 21:12:35

Mine is brill and it all goes in the dishwasher give us a mo and I'll see what make it is.

Doodle Tue 14-Aug-18 20:45:08

Merlot some years ago I bought a juicer so that we could have healthy juices due to DH having health problems. I did a lot of research and found one with a heavy duty motor that would juice anything! It juiced carrots and absolutely anything and everything. Brilliant. However, the cleaning ? It took forever to scrape out all the gunk leftover and then scrub and clean it. Mine is one of those that now sits at the back of the shelf gathering dust. I think it was called a Duo something (been so long since I've seen it I can't remember). Hopefully, someone else can come up with one that works well and doesn't take too much cleaning.

merlotgran Tue 14-Aug-18 20:35:16

Our apple trees are groaning so as usual I'll be freezing tubs of cooked pulp to see us through the winter. We'll also make a batch of apple wine.

I'd like to invest in a juicer because I can't see the point in buying apple juice when I can make my own. Can anyone recommend one that's not going to end up in the back of the cupboard?