Gransnet forums

Food

Saturday kitchen.

(9 Posts)
felice Sat 18-Aug-18 11:17:23

I am watching this just now and becoming very annoyed at the presenter Andi Oliver, she just talks very loudly over everyone. I am a retired chef(sort of retired!!) and like to pick up tips from the guest chefs. So far she has just shouted over everything, even interupting when the guest chefs are explaining various processes.
I know it's not really important but just wanted to have a bit of a rant about it, thanks folks.

kittylester Sat 18-Aug-18 11:21:32

Rant away.

I think having guest presenters is silly and I am surprised that the show is still going.

It's never been the same since the fabulous James Martin left. His show for it is hopeless too.

kittylester Sat 18-Aug-18 11:21:53

*itv

merlotgran Sat 18-Aug-18 11:33:39

I could have written your post, felice. We always have SK on in the background but this morning we had to turn off because Andi Oliver was driving us nuts.

I wish they'd drop her from the guest presenter list. You need somebody who jollies it all along in an understated way like James Martin used to do. Michel Roux jr is OK as he has a gentle presenting style.

What's the point in inviting guests on to the show if they can't get a word in and you can't follow their recipe? angry

felice Sat 18-Aug-18 12:30:41

Glad it is not just me Merlot, she did not even let the chef explain about the special cheese he was using. I am surprised the production team do not tell her to be quiet.

jusnoneed Sat 18-Aug-18 13:53:37

Cannot stand that woman, I used to like the Great British Menu but once she took over from Pru Leith it has been spoilt.

DanniRae Sat 18-Aug-18 13:59:07

I didn't watch the programme - James Martin was on other side (itv) - so I didn't recognise the name. Googled her and I agree she is very annoying and I avoid watching her!

Menopaws Sat 18-Aug-18 15:04:33

Agree can't stick her

KatyK Sat 18-Aug-18 15:51:17

Come back James