Gransnet forums

Food

Lost recipe

(10 Posts)
Humbertbear Sun 09-Sep-18 09:21:23

I too lost a recipe. For an authentic Bakewell Tart. I’ve had a big clear out of unused cookery books and thought the book of Derbyshire Recipes had accidentally gone too. Now I’ve found it I can’t wait to make it for my grand children. I have an old Stork recipe leaflet that I will never part with as it has a recipe for German Apple Cake just like my grand mother used to make!

Fennel Sun 09-Sep-18 09:08:06

Kitty - I should imagine your recipe also had onions, or shallots.
I used to make a recipe called orange rosemary chicken, Using pure orange juice.
I don't use tomatoes in cooking as husband won't eat them, though I sometimes sneak in a bit ofpuree.

muffinthemoo Sat 08-Sep-18 09:33:42

Just make whatever one you fancy and sprinkle cheese on his haha

kittylester Sat 08-Sep-18 09:30:17

Ooohhh, thank you all! I think it might have been in a Sunday supplement so it might be in Delia on line.

Dh has, now confused the issue by saying it also had cheese in. I think he's confusing it with chicken parmigiana! Aaaahh!

ninathenana Sat 08-Sep-18 09:13:45

Deliaonline has a recipe for chicken cacciatora which has tomato and rosemary
Sorry can't do link on my phone

annsixty Sat 08-Sep-18 08:55:35

Oh
I meant Delia there, brain going more and more senile.

annsixty Sat 08-Sep-18 08:54:19

I have several Mary Berry books kitty including a very old one.
When I eventually go downstairs I will search through them, but I would have thought that any one which had been published would have popped up in an internet search.

Good luck, it is frustrating when you know you would like to recreate it.

kittylester Sat 08-Sep-18 06:47:48

Thank you muffin. I found that one on my search but it's not exactly the same. I intend to try that one.

I'm like you, my top shelf has various half used bits and pieces which get incorporated where appropriate (or sometimes not!)

I only realise how much I tinker when someone asks me for a recipe and I have to keep saying 'but, instead of.......'.

I feel the recipe I'm looking for was a Delia one.

muffinthemoo Fri 07-Sep-18 21:33:34

Not years ago but I make this sometimes

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8159/rosemary-chicken-with-tomato-sauce

I am an incurable tinkerer with recipes and I swap out the actual anchovies for a bit of Geo Watkins anchovy sauce. DH won’t touch anchovies but isn’t wise to the sauce trick.

I also like a bit of tomato puree in the sauce. Whole capers would be a no no with my eaters - have run them through the food processor to fix this, but a quicker fix has been a bit of olive tapenade.

(I’m afraid my wee fridge shelf of wee jars of stuff is often my go to on a weeknight when trying to figure out how the contents of the fridge can become a meal)

Might be a baseline for you to work with? IIRC this is a pretty popular recipe so there will be loads of versions floating about. Good luck finding yours x

kittylester Fri 07-Sep-18 21:19:20

Dh has reminded me of a recipe I used to make ages ago which was a supreme of chicken in a tomato and rosemary sauce but I can't remember the other ingredients. Nor can I remember where I found rhe recipe.

Did anyone else have it or remember it?