Gransnet forums

Food

foodie xmas gifts

(10 Posts)
travelsafar Sat 10-Nov-18 18:37:55

Has anyone seen any really luxury food gifts, but not homemade ones as i am not that great at cooking. I wanted to give something really lovely to a couple of people that i dont know what else to buy. rather than buy something which will sit in a cupboard unused i thought of a luxury food item.

PECS Sat 10-Nov-18 18:52:00

Not sure how much you are planning to spend but you can have 'tasters' of cheese or chocolates delivered every month.
Our local deli will put together a hamper but not sure if they deliver!

www.finecheese.co.uk/cheese-gifts/monthly-cheese-subscription.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAoJrfBRC0ARIsANqkS_7NEYK46oNCYt5DSMeEhe59Ws6uiPUyutZw_IANP8M2KB9MO94CMNUaAhRgEALw_wcB

Gran2028 Sat 10-Nov-18 19:23:35

Andy Race smoked salmon by post...I send to Germany every year and they love it!!

tanith Sat 10-Nov-18 19:35:33

My son sends me a Fortnum & Mason hamper every Christmas they are lovely and come in a beautiful wicker hamper. They do many different prices and size.

Riverwalk Sat 10-Nov-18 22:21:30

I highly recommend Fortnum & Mason Welsh Rarebit. smile

It's perishable so won't languish in the cupboard and comes in a pottery jar which they can keep and put to use.

F&M

MiniMoon Sat 10-Nov-18 22:46:04

DGD has asked us for some crystallized fruits. We bought her mum some last year an GD ate most of them. We will have to make a special trip to Newcastle to see if Fenwicks stock them this year.

travelsafar Sun 11-Nov-18 07:59:48

Riverwalkthanks for the link to FM they have lots to choose from. Thanks everyone for ideas.

Lynne59 Sun 11-Nov-18 21:30:19

www.ediblearrangements.com/fresh-fruit-arrangements

Fresh fruit, arrangements are made to look like flowers. I sent one to my sister-in-law for her birthday

Elegran Sun 11-Nov-18 21:43:32

I was in The Works at the Gyle Centre today and noticed that they have small empty hamper baskets of various sizes with cellophane wrap and shredded paper "nest". You could fill one with your own choice of goodies. www.theworks.co.uk/c/christmas-shop/christmas-hampers

JessK Mon 12-Nov-18 09:48:50

Fortnum and Mason is a great place to shop. There are gifts in all price ranges.