Gransnet forums

Food

Lemon drizzle cake

(7 Posts)
H1954 Wed 06-Mar-19 10:21:09

A bit of a random question probably, but did anyone try the Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe that appeared on GN recently?

I weighed everything correctly and made sure to use the correct size loaf tin BUT there was simply too much cake batter for the tin! It had to stay in the oven far longer than the recipe said too.

Where could I have gone wrong? It tasted ok though and my OH did enjoy it!

HootyMcOwlface Wed 06-Mar-19 10:30:22

Oh, no I missed that, but I love a lemon drizzle cake! I had a similar thing with a recipe from a magazine for a chocolate cake, it said bake for 25 mins, and it was still raw! I had to leave it in for another 30 mins. Probably a misprint?

EllanVannin Wed 06-Mar-19 12:11:42

Sometimes the heat of the oven fluctuates because I've found that I have to leave things in longer, especially cakes.
Well that's my excuse !

Gonegirl Wed 06-Mar-19 12:49:05

Do you mean this one? (First one on the list) It does sound quite a big cake. I don't do metric but it looks like 8oz of everything. I've been thinking of making it, but now I've seen the one further down the list, with lemon and poppy seeds. Might wait and go for that one. www.gransnet.com/food/lemon-drizzle-cake-recipe

H1954 Wed 06-Mar-19 14:50:37

Yes Gonegirl, that's the recipe I used.

Gonegirl Wed 06-Mar-19 14:52:50

It does look delicious in that first picture, with the extra icing. All yellow and buttery. Yum!

Gonegirl Wed 06-Mar-19 14:53:45

Must hold off till the weekend. Don't allow myself cake during the week. (weight point of view sad)