Gransnet forums

Food

M & S Christmas Food

(4 Posts)
Teetime Fri 11-Oct-19 14:34:40

A couple of weeks ago I was invited by M & S to order Christmas Food. I looked and as usual thought it looked nice but expensive but its that time of year where the food budget goes crackers anyway (not that I have anything more than an indicative budget anyway!). Notwithstanding that I probably will get some but I find that all the packs are too large for 2 people. Is it the same in other stores- I haven't looked at anyone elses yet.

Jane10 Fri 11-Oct-19 14:54:41

I suppose their Christmas stuff in that catalogue is mostly party type food. I haven't looked at one yet but usually flick through it. They're bound to have things for smaller numbers but don't put them in the special catalogue.
It's all yummy though. I don't want to think about Christmas catering just yet! ?

Alima Fri 11-Oct-19 15:13:13

Your post prompted me to look at the Sainsbury Christmas food booklet I picked up the other day. Depends what you want, some stuff would feed an army, others, like a two bird roast, serves 4. Must admit we have always erred on the side of bigger joint than they say as the dogs/cats like some too. Also, do you need double for Boxing Day cold fare? It says this stuff can be ordered on line too so would be worth having a look.

glammanana Fri 11-Oct-19 18:16:22

Yesterday when sitting with my OH in the cafe at our local M&S food hall there where people already booking their collection slots for their Christmas orders.