Gransnet forums

Food

Help! How can I......

(10 Posts)
Yehbutnobut Thu 31-Oct-19 10:30:42

Hosting Halloween again at my house. My grandson has asked that I ‘draw’ a spider’s web onto a pizza to make it look spooky ?

Apparently I did this once before but can’t for the life of me think how? Problem I will have to cook the pizza with it one because I won’t have time to do it hot from oven.

What can I use? Any bright ideas PLEASE ???

kittylester Thu 31-Oct-19 10:36:28

Thin slices of cheese?

paintingthetownred Thu 31-Oct-19 10:38:08

Spider web pizza (google it) uses mozarrella cheese cut into thin strips.sort of constructed like a wheel.

tomato on bases and strips added equals pizza maqheriata
Pop spider on afterwards (made of black icing?) or a plastic one? or even play dough as it doesn't need to go in the oven.

Also there is a 'nice' pot of 'human brains' which you can hide presents in, bit like a lucky dip.

Use cut up cold sphagetti for this, or porridge coloured pink or red for cheapness and the 'yuk zombie' factor...

don't forget to wrap small pressies in cling film before they go in. This was a hit at a zombie party dd went to years ago, very cheap. Just be prepared as at the word zombile they scream for hours on end, but are exhausted afterwards...

painting

Yehbutnobut Thu 31-Oct-19 10:42:47

I was thinking of a black web but perhaps I did use cheese last time. ???

ninathenana Thu 31-Oct-19 10:49:53

Saw one with the web drawn on after cooking using primula (or similar) cheese from a tube.
As you would put icing on a cake.

Yehbutnobut Thu 31-Oct-19 10:51:14

Now that sounds simple nina

GrannyGravy13 Thu 31-Oct-19 11:03:11

You can dye the primula black with food dye squeeze into a piping bag and then pipe onto pizza.

EllanVannin Thu 31-Oct-19 11:05:32

What happened to duck-apple ?

Yehbutnobut Thu 31-Oct-19 11:12:00

We will hang them on strings instead Ellan. I’ll have enough work without dripping wet grandkids ?

PamelaJ1 Thu 31-Oct-19 12:14:08

Olives for the ?? They can be picked off if he doesn’t like them.