Gransnet forums

Food

Need a quick recipe

(6 Posts)
tanith Tue 19-Nov-19 12:58:39

I forgot it was Tuesday and my 14 yr old GD always comes to me for dinner I really want to use up what I have.
I have mincemeat, tomatoes, some leftover roast chicken and some multi seed Tortilla wraps. Onions, cheese, bacon,spices in the cupboard.

I could cook some of it and shove in a wrap but I know someone will more inventive than me.

Nico97 Tue 19-Nov-19 13:17:47

Use the onions, tomatoes and spices as the base of a sauce (thickened up). Depending on how many wraps you have line a cake tin of suitable size, leaving one left over for the top. Fill with the chicken and bacon and cover with some of the sauce. Put on the last wrap as a lid, smother in remaining sauce and grate the cheese on top. Bake for approx 40 mins until golden. smile

tanith Tue 19-Nov-19 16:07:09

Thanks that sounds different I’m not sure if I have enough chicken today but I’ll try it another day .

Fennel Tue 19-Nov-19 19:30:57

Make spag bol with the onions, tomatoes mince and chicken, and a stock cube such a Bisto for the sauce.
Then all you need to do is cook the pasta.

JaredWelch Wed 20-Nov-19 05:20:42

One can also go for the simple mixture of onion, tomatoes and other spicy ingredients.

BradfordLass72 Wed 20-Nov-19 05:40:12

Butter the wraps and press them into bun or muffin tins, bake until crisp.
Dry-fry the mince until the fat comes out and spoon it off. Add onions and tomato and any spices and garlic, cook until onions are translucent. Thicken if necessary; you can add stock if its too dry.
Add some of the tomato to the chopped chicken and onions: basil if you have it, or sage.

When wrap cases are cooked and crisp, pile these mixtures, separately into the cases, sprinkle with grated cheese and either leave it to melt in the over, or grill just long enough so it melts.
Salad goes well with this but as its winter for you, you may prefer mash.