Gransnet forums

Food

Air Fryers

(9 Posts)
Floradora9 Tue 17-Mar-20 16:39:29

Anyone got an air fryer and if you do what do you use it for ?
Having been told by TUI that I will get all the money I spent on a holiday refunded so I am on a mini spending spree to cheer myself up .

tessagee Tue 17-Mar-20 17:36:35

I have one, only used it a couple of times. I much prefer my halogen oven which looks identical to the airfryer, works pretty much like an ordinary fan oven but uses much less electricity.

FlexibleFriend Tue 17-Mar-20 18:47:01

Mine is used to gather dust.

NotAGran55 Tue 17-Mar-20 20:20:05

Never heard of one - off to google now ...

NotAGran55 Tue 17-Mar-20 20:26:24

Back from googling . Not the sort of thing I would use .

MiniMoon Tue 17-Mar-20 22:00:45

I have a Ninja Foodi. It's a combination pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer and it also bakes and grills.
I use the air fryer function often. I've cooked sausages, chops, bacon and homemade chips that way. It does frozen chips well too.

fatgran57 Wed 18-Mar-20 03:13:19

We have an air fryer and a halogen oven and really like them both.

The air fryer is best for pre-cooked food - takes too long for chips for example from raw.

I par boil potatoes and pumpkin them finish off in the air fryer for roast veggies. No messy baking tins.

Good for fishy things as not much smell in the house from this.

Wouldn't be without either of them now.

Floradora9 Wed 18-Mar-20 15:38:48

Well I might not bother then . I did treat myself to an Echo Show . It is like the DOT but with a small screen . It was discounted in Amazon and I love it . The radio reception is so good and it will read me kindle books , show Amazon Prime videos , give me up to date news and weather all from the comfort of my bed. I though it would be good if I ended up ill in bed. I am listening to Classic FM on it at the moment and even DH is impressed.

MiniMoon Wed 18-Mar-20 16:27:17

My Echo Show can't read any of my kindle books. When I go I to the Alexa app, and select music and books, only my music library appears, no books. I think that it's only available the USA at present.