Gransnet forums

Food

On line shopping replacements

(8 Posts)
Lizbethann55 Fri 20-Mar-20 16:28:03

I know people often shake their heads in bemusement at some of the replacement items they get in their online shopping, but sometimes I wish the packers would use a bit more initiative. As a none driver I usually do my "big shop " online. Either Iceland or Morrisons. Getting a slot has never been a problem before but now it is virtually impossible so it is important to get as much as you can to see you through. In my order I had asked for two different packs of cat food. They didn't have one so why didn't they send two packs of the one they had. I ordered a block of cheese . Originally I had ordered two different types, but didn't want to be greedy so cancelled one. The one I left in they didn't have, but didn't send me another type instead. The same goes for the coffee I ordered. There was no loo paper or cleaner of any description or paracetamol , which I had expected to be the case. But a bit of initiative on behalf of the packers would have helped. Please don't get me wrong. I am hugely and enormously grateful that they are there at all and I know they are working incredibly hard. I would be lost without them ( all the time, not just now), but far from self isolating I now need to go and find cat food and coffee. Or do I really sound just mean, ungrateful and horrible.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-Mar-20 16:34:13

I can juggle food substitutes if they happen when I get my delivery next week(?) but if they leave out the wine I shall not be responsible for any accidental injuries Mr.GG receives in the subsequent days #Granconfinedtobarracks.

Daddima Fri 20-Mar-20 16:57:41

I was reading earlier about someone who was sent frozen sausage rolls as a substitute for tampons.

vegansrock Fri 20-Mar-20 17:02:14

Grannygravy order a case of wine from Majestic Wine or other retailer.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-Mar-20 17:49:46

vegansrock oh yes that has been sorted grin

annsixty Fri 20-Mar-20 18:28:12

Mind has been ordered from Laithwaites, shallow but necessary

Lizbethann55 Fri 20-Mar-20 18:34:37

Must get a Laithwaites order in. Had one at Christmas but that is long gone!

annsixty Fri 20-Mar-20 18:43:40

10 bottles for £49 free p+p on Travel zoo today.