Gransnet forums

Food

I just made sundried tomatoes in the air fryer

(5 Posts)
fatgran57 Fri 27-Mar-20 06:22:54

Saw this in the Daily Mail this morning and as I had quite a few smallish tomatoes my daughter had given me I thought I would give it a try.

They look nice and I will try them in a day or so.

Just quartered the tomatoes, tossed them in some olive oil, salt and Italian dried herbs.

Then put them in the air fryer at 90 degrees for 3 hours. My air fryer doesn't have a timer for this long so you have to be home to keep turning the timer back on, but this isn't a problem at the moment!

I let them cool then put in a jar, added some fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs and a few whole peppercorns, then covered with olive oil.

Hope they will be nice save me from buying any for a little while.

kittylester Fri 27-Mar-20 07:49:00

Sounds brilliant fatgran though I'm not sure they are sundried! grin

Elegran Fri 27-Mar-20 08:48:39

Air-fryer-dried doesn't have the same connotations, does it? They sound very tasty, though.

fatgran57 Fri 27-Mar-20 09:13:25

No I suppose they are not sundried kittylester !

I don't know what to call them as Elegran says air-fryer-dried doesn't sound quite right either.

Will have to think up a new name for themsmile

Just semi-dried tomatoes perhaps.

I will try them in a day or so on toasted Turkish bread with avocado, red onion, feta, black olives and drizzled with olive oil.

Delicious!

Elegran Fri 27-Mar-20 11:34:01

"Home-dried" sounds rather nice - it brings up images of an old-fashioned housewife in a big pinny slaving over a hot stove.