Gransnet forums

Food

Apple cake

(8 Posts)
Lisagran Sun 10-May-20 09:58:16

Thanks Esspee - relying on Sainsbury’s deliveries at the moment - and they seem to have no flour.

Esspee Sun 10-May-20 09:36:00

Lidl has flour, sultanas, pasta,.......just about everything except some cleaning items though still plenty of bleach.

I always do my main shop there as I love their fresh from the oven bread and pastries, and although the brands are unfamiliar they are usually as good or even better than the well advertised brand names.

Best of all I eat really well for a fraction of the cost.

tanith Sun 10-May-20 09:23:09

They do sometimes have flour in Poundland but my daughter tells me it doesn’t say on the shelves long.

Cindersdad Sun 10-May-20 09:20:31

After 4 weeks without finding any flour I finally found some in the local Co-op shop. Only white SR then that happened to be what I wanted. They only had 5 bags of the shelf! You just have to keep looking everytime you go shopping.

NotTooOld Fri 01-May-20 21:30:05

Sounds good, Lisgran. I'm with you on the sugar. I made 12 chocolate buns today with only 40g sugar and they were fine. Better, in fact. I've made scones with no sugar and they were fine, too. Unfortunately I can't make anything else as I have run out of flour.

Lisagran Fri 01-May-20 20:55:13

It’s yummy - had 2 slices already blush. I always only use 1/2 the amount of sugar in recipes (I used about 50g here) and it was still very sweet.
Good luck getting some flour!

lemongrove Fri 01-May-20 18:24:14

Sounds great Lisa ? as soon as I can get some flour.....

Lisagran Fri 01-May-20 16:57:59

Just made this Apple cake smile. Haven’t cut into it yet, but it smells good. Recipe here if anyone fancies it. I’ve no flour and no eggs left now!