Gransnet forums

Food

Best chocolate on the planet

(13 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Mon 04-May-20 19:04:08

I bought this chocolate in Aldi's and it's delicious. I never thought anything would be better than Cadbury's, but this is. Don't normally go to Aldi's, but it's the only supermarket that doesn't have a queue atm. It comes in five little individually wrapped bars so perfect for not over indulging. I highly recommend it to any chocoholics out there smile

Calendargirl Mon 04-May-20 19:13:23

I like most chocolate. Really dark and bitter is my favourite, but I can put most varieties in my mouth to be honest, try not to buy it to resist temptation.

Ealdemodor Mon 04-May-20 19:16:20

Tesco own brand 85% dark chocolate - wonderful stuff!

Willow500 Mon 04-May-20 19:18:50

Yes I usually buy that brand if I get to Aldi - not been since the lockdown sad

shysal Mon 04-May-20 19:23:26

Lidl's chocolate is good too,
After seeing the TV ads I tried the new Cadbury's Dark Milk. It is a cross between ordinary milk and dark, very nice.

Puzzler61 Mon 04-May-20 19:30:23

Had some Waitrose brand chocolate mini eggs Easter just gone. They were painted with edible lustre paint.
Looked beautiful and were filled with ganache in 3 different flavours. Best chocolates I’ve tasted since living in Belgium.

I think they may have been expensive - only 9 in the box - but they were a gift.

annodomini Mon 04-May-20 19:31:19

I'm missing Aldi's chocolate. My preference is for the dark chocolate with hazelnuts. i find Cadbury's has gone downhill since it was taken over by America. It's a cloying confection that with a vaguely chocolate flavour, leaving a rather unpleasant aftertaste.

annodomini Mon 04-May-20 19:32:02

Apologies for the strange syntax in that last sentence!

May7 Mon 04-May-20 19:50:04

Moser Roth chocolate is wonderful. So much nicer than Cadbury’s and cheaper too. Not been to Aldi for a while due to lockdown and the queues but I do miss it.

Poppyred Mon 04-May-20 20:35:17

Mmmm must get some chocolate when I next go shopping... haven’t had any for a while... I quite like the Aldi one.
Doing a 72 hour fast at the moment. ?

Marydoll Mon 04-May-20 20:39:36

I used to buy that chocolate and kept it hidden in my bottom drawer, when I was teaching. It stopped me eating a whole, large bar, which I had a tendency to do when I was having a bad day. grin
The bonus is that it was cheaper than other brands.

Speaking of Aldi, has anyone tried their midget gems, so cheap and delicious into the bargain?

Framilode Mon 04-May-20 20:50:58

Both Lidl and Aldi's chocolate is delicious. Real chocolate and the whole nut is packed full of nuts, not the odd one like Cadburys.

dontmindstayinghome Mon 04-May-20 20:57:47

I love both Aldi and Lidl for chocolate, they have a lot of variety too. Their crisps also take a lot of beating.
(crisps & chocolate - both my weaknesses)!!

I haven't eaten Cadburys chocolate since that 'scandal' when they were found to have added out of date chocolate to new batches!