Gransnet forums

Food

Gransnet receipe for 3 ingredient scones.

(10 Posts)
JuliaM Wed 26-Aug-20 21:05:45

One of my Daughters made tgese and tgey were quite nice, she used Self raising flour, whiping cream, and a can of ordinary Lemonade, not the diet version. They were certainly better than the usual shop bought ones anyway!

Franbern Wed 26-Aug-20 17:42:32

I tried these earlier in the year, As has been said - they were okay - but nowhere near as good as normal ones.
I told my children that they had been made with lemonade, and they think it very funny.

GranEd Wed 05-Aug-20 16:32:25

I wasn’t keen but I’m no baker?‍? ..... also I’m a bit spoilt because my lovely neighbour makes wonderful scones and brings us a couple across (hot from the oven!) at least twice a week. These just can’t compete. ?

By the way she doesn’t come in. Just leaves them in the porch and rings the doorbell to let us know they’re there.

Greenfinch Wed 05-Aug-20 16:02:26

I did not find them nearly as good as traditional ones made with sour milk.

Bathsheba Wed 05-Aug-20 15:41:57

I don't know why the 'three ingredients' descriptor is used as if it's so remarkable. Traditional scones only have four ingredients if you add sugar, three without confused

shysal Wed 05-Aug-20 15:24:43

Lemonade scones are very successful for me. This is a previous thread on the subject.
www.gransnet.com/forums/food/1280616-Help-Lemonade-scones?msgid=28017515

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 05-Aug-20 12:12:06

I had a go but I had to buy the lemonade especially as I don't usually have it in the house. They were all right but I wouldn't have said they were particularly special. Don't let me deter you - I've gone off scones for some reason.

ginny Wed 05-Aug-20 12:06:48

I have used this recipe. Makes light scones and so easy and perfectly acceptable.However, I don’t think they have quite as much flavour as conventional ones.

quizqueen Wed 05-Aug-20 12:04:18

No, I'll let you go first. I have seen this recipe too and considered the ingredients strange! I will be very interested to know the results.

travelsafar Wed 05-Aug-20 11:59:12

Has anyone tried the above, using flour, cream and lemonade. I have bought the ingredients this morning, and as my sister is round Saturday afternoon i thought i would have a go at making some for us to enjoy. Just thought i would ask if any one has tried and if they are tasty. ??