Gransnet forums

Food

where can I taste the most delicious mussels?

(54 Posts)
KseniyaP Sun 27-Sep-20 18:56:11

where can I taste the most delicious mussels? share your places, please.

KseniyaP Thu 01-Oct-20 20:35:31

FannyCornforth

A master of lashes. Ok.
Does it have its origins in the East?
Or is it like a lash whisperer?
So many questions...

so the problems with my English became obvious grin blush

KseniyaP Thu 01-Oct-20 20:33:26

MerylStreep

KseniyaP
I lived in Bulgaria for 5 yrears. Everyone I knew there said they found learning the spoken language quite easy, but the written and reading difficult because of our alphabet as apposed to the Cyrillic.

I have a different situation, I studied English for a year with a teacher while still living in Russia, basically I studied the rules, did the management in textbooks, wrote. it is easier to learn spoken language when someone around speaks English.

KseniyaP Thu 01-Oct-20 20:27:34

Riverwalk

Oh, give over!

Your syntax and punctuation is too good for someone who supposedly has limited English smile

I always check what I write through google translations and fix mistakes - it's like an additional studing, very good

KseniyaP Thu 01-Oct-20 20:24:39

Chewbacca

I googled lash master and, apart from (eye) lashes, I also got this.....

embarrassing grin, I only meant eyelashes

May7 Tue 29-Sep-20 22:26:09

Best mussels are menai mussels from Anglesey. Small and sweet.

Chewbacca Tue 29-Sep-20 21:12:03

I googled lash master and, apart from (eye) lashes, I also got this.....

MrsRochester Tue 29-Sep-20 20:47:11

MawB2

What on earth is a Lash master?

You’re very polite. “Earth” wasn’t the word that sprang to mind here.

BlueBelle Tue 29-Sep-20 18:42:51

I ve no idea about qualifications mawB2 maybe they learn by watching not got a clue never worn the things so means nothing to me

BlueBelle Tue 29-Sep-20 18:40:52

Yes I was surprised when this one opened a couple of weeks ago in fact we now have two can’t remember what the other one is called I ll have to look on my way to work tomorrow just out of curiosity now
Most of the nail bars are Vietnamese run not sure about eyebrows only seen them done within beauty salons

MawB2 Tue 29-Sep-20 17:57:27

BlueBelle

Stop taking the pee, a beauty establishment doing eyes we have just had a new beauty shop near me called Beauty Lashes
maybe the translation to ‘worker‘ gave master

Unaware of that. So not taking any piss at all.
I have had my eyebrows done in the past but didn't realise a living could be made from eyelashes.
In any case would OP not have to have some qualifications?

Chewbacca Tue 29-Sep-20 17:48:47

I think any job in the personal grooming sector would be quite difficult to break into at the moment. Quite a few nail bars, beauty salons etc in my area haven't opened up again, following the COVID lockdown, yet. On the other hand, I've seen quite a few advertisements asking for staff in supermarkets, fulfilling their customers online grocery orders.

Callistemon Tue 29-Sep-20 17:38:42

What about a nail bar?

As in finger and toe nails rather than the metal kind you hit with a hammer when building a bar?

BlueBelle Tue 29-Sep-20 17:34:31

Stop taking the pee, a beauty establishment doing eyes we have just had a new beauty shop near me called Beauty Lashes
maybe the translation to ‘worker‘ gave master

FannyCornforth Tue 29-Sep-20 16:53:03

A master of lashes. Ok.
Does it have its origins in the East?
Or is it like a lash whisperer?
So many questions...

Callistemon Tue 29-Sep-20 16:08:37

Perhaps the OP means muscles??️‍♂️

Chewbacca Tue 29-Sep-20 16:00:08

Perhaps best not to know MawB! grin

felice Tue 29-Sep-20 15:37:10

Brussels our National dish.

MawB2 Tue 29-Sep-20 15:34:36

YorkLady Tue 29-Sep-20 14:11:54

FannyCornforth

A lash master!?shock

wink I laughed at that! Eyelashes, we presume??

FannyCornforth Tue 29-Sep-20 14:00:17

A lash master!?shock

MerylStreep Tue 29-Sep-20 13:52:36

KseniyaP
I lived in Bulgaria for 5 yrears. Everyone I knew there said they found learning the spoken language quite easy, but the written and reading difficult because of our alphabet as apposed to the Cyrillic.

MawB2 Tue 29-Sep-20 13:28:22

The clue is in the name KseniyaP - Grans net
Good luck with the job search - the mussels question was a bit of a curve ball though!

EllanVannin Tue 29-Sep-20 13:24:05

Lobster is far nicer grin

Riverwalk Tue 29-Sep-20 13:23:51

Oh, give over!

Your syntax and punctuation is too good for someone who supposedly has limited English smile

KseniyaP Tue 29-Sep-20 13:16:38

MawB2

So why might a member feel we are being “played” ?

Well
I take it you are familiar with Google?
If I wanted to know where to go in the U.K. for mussels, I would use Google, not expect a grandparents’ website with members all over the world to come up with suggestions without the faintest idea where you are

If I wanted career advice, in the same way , I would do my homework, setting out my skills and qualifications, experience, preferred location, availability etc.

I find it hard to believe your approach to either question is serious.

I understood you)
I come from Russia and in Russia usually most of the reviews are "screwed up" (I translated this word). So we usually ask the locals about delicious food and cool places. it is called "word of mouth" in russia.
I wrote about the work above, what methods I used and why I decided to write here - it's like a new way for me. and I want to find it myself without the help of my husband (this method seems easier to me).
but ... I honestly didnt know the age category of this forum